Our church had it's (mostly) annual Easter egg hunt and Lanie was thrilled to be able to take part for the first time. Really she didn't have a clue what was going on but I found it very cute to sit her with her basket and make her dad walk around and put eggs in it.
She was quite the patient waiter.
It was totally hilarious to her to be in that grass.....or it may have been the wind. As I've stated before, gal can't keep her mouth closed when the wind blows.
She scooted on the ground but was too preoccupied to even pick up an egg.
This is what she had her eye on:
Then, just as she had expected, that crazy preacher bunny hopped over to her neck of the woods and there hasn't been a time in her life yet that she wanted to run more than this very moment.
She was mad at that bunny for being so terrifying and she sat in waiting, watching to see if he'd return.
Then I moved her over to get a picture with her friend Macie and the mood lightened somewhat.....until she poked Macie's face repeatedly and made her cry.
This next picture cracks me up. Caption: "Ugghhh......can you even believe the nerve of that bunny guy, Garrison? Just look at him scaring all the kids."
"Whaa? Look buddy, I wasn't fond of you 10 minutes ago and I'm still not fond of you now. I like you better in your preacher suit."
Lanie and her daddy:
Grandma was there, too, and helped keep her occupied while we waited for the boys to hunt eggs. She did lots of walking and lots of tossing in the air.
The boys met up with their best buds and I was able to snap a quickie. How did these peeps get so big? I miss their fat little baby faces.....sigh.
If there were ever a time to be scared at church this would definitely be one of those times. Do not even think about stepping out into this field while these children are released for hunting. Danger. Danger!!
Rhett made out with a bucket full of loot. That's one thing he needs is a bucket full of sugar.......as if God hadn't already made him with a permanent sugar high.
He saw his buddy, Micah, and that always makes him happy!
All three boys had a great time hunting their eggs. This is Cade's official last year at the church hunt being that he's a big, bad third grader. Apparently you age out once you move up to fourth.
Another great year of egg hunting! Now I'm stuck with the task of monitoring the candy intake which isn't easy when you still have a kid that isn't above hiding and eating his fill. I'll let you figure out which out of control one that is......and just a hint, his hair is neither brown nor straight.
Happy Hunting!
1 comment:
I'll say it again! LOVE IT!!!
Post a Comment