It seems as though my family, namely Bobby, is getting sick of my normal rotation of dinner ideas......poppyseed chicken, pasta, chicken noodle soup, baked chicken, chicken fajitas, pasta, chicken poppyseed, and noodle soup with chicken. So, every now and then I'll step out of my chicken box and fish around for a new recipe. This time I checked out the Pioneer Woman because apparently she cooks, blogs, photographs, homeschools, and flies airplanes all while taking care of a bunch of horses and kids. I decided on her mini-meatball sandwiches even though meatballing totally gives me the willies as well as a big case of faux nausea. She had 317 grandiose comments regarding this dinner and I figured I couldn't go wrong. Here is my plate of balls of meat:
Monday, January 31, 2011
It's What's for Dinner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Great post! Too cute! I can't imagine not liking the meat balls...but oh well!!! Chicken Noodle Soup for the Super Bowl I guess!!! :)
It's funny that you would blog this today. My husband,too sometimes complains of my lack of imagination when it comes to dinner. As I was taking a walk yesterday and trying to decide what to fix for dinner, I thought of you and because you're so slim and trim and seem to try to eat healthy, I was thinking maybe I'll email Sonja and see what she fixes and get a few ideas. You must have read my mind, thanks for the imput. I love reading your blog, it makes me laugh and review my own life, love Aunt Marilyn
I am so laughing out loud right now esp. the comments about Cade's non-discriminating eating ability. The same thing happens at my house too. Big Tol complains of the same weekly menu, but when I try something new he complains too and usually doesn't like it. You can't win for losing around here!
Sonja, I just found your blog and really enjoyed reading about your family. I worked with a young woman who now works for the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drumman. She is a personal assistant for her and also was a nanny for her children before she came to Tennessee to teach. Small world isn't it.
Hello???
I love how you called them balls of meat. I still get nauseous at the thought of eating balls of meat in an orphanage in El Salvador. It's also nice to know that I am not the only one with a rotating supper list.
Amanda Camfield
I totally understand!
About a month ago I decided to start a rotating list. I found a dry erase board that I had stored away, got out my trusty sticky pad and wrote down a meat item that I could fix (and my family would eat) on each sticky. Since then, I find it a lot easier to decide what to fix for supper. I add to the list occasionally and it is now up to 21 items! That includes a "night out". We don't eat out that often but it reminds me how long it has been! I just take the sticky and place it above the previous night. The next day I just look at the stickies to see what we haven't eaten recently. This has really worked out well for me! I tried a new "chicken" recipe tonight that we all liked very well! I have been thinking of asking if there were others interested in starting a "What's for dinner" blog. I don't know how to start a blog though!!
Post a Comment