Saturday, December 25, 2010

It's Here!!

The boys were so excited that Santa had dropped off gifts that they hardly even noticed that for the first time in their lifetimes we had a white(ish) Christmas! It was a nice thick dusting that continued to sprinkle snowflakes throughout the day. We had our usual meeting, (this year in Elaina's room), to read the story of Jesus' birth. Then we said our prayers, sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and headed down to see what was awaiting on the hearth.

I actually didn't even get a picture coming down the stairs or seeing their Santa presents because I was manning the new little flip video cam we got. Our lives are well documented via still shots but from now on I'm going to try to be better about catching the live film.

The boys all got a big present from us that was the same:
Baseball and football cards! Bobby has gotten them crazy over collecting these and he couldn't be happier about it. Rhett got several packs and some Wii games. He also got a huge lego set from Mr. Claus.
Cade got some signed cards from our friend Daniel and he nearly flipped his lid! I LOVE to see pure excitement on their faces. There's nothing better! He also bebopped to the music on his ipod shuffle that Santa left.
Tee-Tiny did exactly what I thought she'd do: Eat ribbon.
She got some help from her big brother to get her presents opened. She got a toy from Santa and some cutie patootie clothes from her mommy. That's what she's going to get for every gift giving occasion until she's old enough to complain about it.
Cade and Bobby literally spent the entire Christmas day opening up packs of cards and looking them up in the Beckett price guides. Grant was the winner winner chicken dinner when he turned out an $80 card! When I looked into the living room I swear I saw an eight year old and a twelve year old ripping through those packs. It would be an understatement to say that Bobby was in his element.
Grant stayed busy putting together Knex and legos. He had gotten a remote control helicopter from Santa but his elves don't make things like they used to and after one crash into the fireplace the thing was history. It's a good thing Wal-mart takes things back that were made in Santa's shop.
We had a very blessed day of Christmas and thankfully I was on the mend. We spent the entire day in our pajamas and it was a day of rest and relaxation we all needed. Alrighty! Now that that is over and we've had family time, can these kids go back to school?? Merry Christmas!

No comments: