Our family generally spends Christmas Eve with Bobby's family. We usually go to Zion for the candlelight service but this year we decided to forgo. The service was at the same time as LanieBug's dinner time and while she doesn't make much noise, dinner time is an exception. Girl likes to eat when she wants to eat. Here she is getting smiles from her Great Nannie. Nannie gives the smile, Elaina gives the stare. She's good at that.
Apparently there were some smiles from the babe but I wouldn't know being that my Christmas Eve gift was a meeting staring into the porcelain throne. I hadn't had that meeting in eight years and I'm convinced that it was the breaking of my own rules (never let unclean hands come above the shoulders, and never eat without washing hands) that caused my ultimate viral inoculation.
I missed out on the cuteness of "twin" cousins. I'm sure Elaina was thrilled to be Amelia's look-a-like, she just doesn't freely hand out her excitement.
I'm glad Wendy was there with her camera so that I could have a least a little documentation. I'm pretty sure Bobby made it there with my other kids but I think it would suffice to say that they were buried knee deep in wrapping paper shooting one another with the enormous nerf guns their cousins gave them.
Well, here's proof that they were definitely there. All the cousins make for a motley crew!
I'm sure next year I'll be back to hit the Morgan Family Christmas Celebration....at least Bobby's praying for such. Merry Christmas number two! The real one is only one day away!
1 comment:
Oh girl so sorry your illness hit at such a bad time! Wendy got some adorable pictures.
Post a Comment