Sunday, October 31, 2010

We Were Just Missing the Batmobile


I was quite pleased with the boys' selection of costumes this year. I've always loved a themed family and this one worked out quite well!

Grant was Batman and he couldn't have been more happy that he and Elaina were matching.
Elaina had waited her entire life to be Batgirl so, needless to say, she was pumped about my crafty outfit. You can do lots of things with a few pieces of felt and a friend named Ashley that knows how to make tutus! Much to my surprise Lanie actually wore the mask with no fuss....and no smile whatsoever.
Batman's trusty sidekick was played by Rhett this year. He was pretty tough looking. It was his little Robin bootie that gave me the most smiles this year watching him sprint from house to house in the neighborhood. It's days like this I would wish for time to stand still.....sigh.
Last, but not least, creepy Cade as the Joker. His costume came with a mask that was ultra yucko scary so I decided to paint him up and do his hair myself. I'm keeping that mask though. I've already worn it once and jumped out of our hall closet only to watch Cade nearly cry and pee his pants all at the same time. It doesn't get better than that, people. It's a great feeling to get a good laugh at the expense of others.
This is just a small sample of the antics that went on throughout the afternoon and evening as everyone was in character.
We spent most of the evening at our friend's place, eating dinner and what not. Then we met more friends and headed out into their hood to get some loot.
The kids made out well with overflowing bags of candy. Elaina loves butterfingers and that is why there aren't any left in the candy box. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Happy Halloween!

No comments: