Monday, November 1, 2010

He Shoots! He Scores!

In the final game of the season Little Buddy finally put it all together and figured out that with a little hustle, a little ball control, and a big kick at the end he could score a goal or two! I just happened to have my camera out and ready (imagine that!) and I caught his first one in photos!




He was so pumped! He had been content to be the passer all season but I think his mind was changed once he tasted a bit of the good life of the scorer. Elaina was watching contently. I'm sure that if she weren't eating her finger she would've been clapping and waving her cowbell. The world always needs more cowbell.
This was one of Rhett's favorite friends on the team. Lauren was a pretty mean soccer player and she was by far the team's top scorer. That made her totally cool to hang out with even if she was a girl.
So Rhett finished the season out with two goals-- the one above and another shot with his left foot from the right corner! Where'd that come from? Bobby claims it was the candy corn he fed him this morning while I wasn't looking. If candy corn gets that much hustle and flow then let's sugar up, boys! A great ending to a wonderful season!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Oh, the nice warm days of summer! It has been freezing this week and snowed a few inches yesterday. Thankfully, it melted today in the sun. Looking at these pics warmed me up inside!! :)