Friday, October 29, 2010

Oh, Five!

After what seemed like a century, Rhett finally made it from 4 and 3/4 all the way to age 5!! And, as with yearly tradition, I got up a few minutes early and scissored away until I had crafted his birthday crown. I think he's grown several inches since standing on last years chair!
Obviously cake is not going to hurt this child. I can see his ribs protruding. I wish I had the same problem. Sigh.
This year's party was a week early at Let It Shine Gymnastics. Bobby almost croaked when I said the word "gymnastics" for fear of leotards and fairy boys but I assured him it would be nothing but fun for a bunch of rambunctious kids. Here is most of the crew:
The big hit of the party was the rope swing into the foam pit. Everyone tried it at least 10 times.

Kids waited patiently for their turn to Tarzan through the air.
I'm pretty sure the dads had more fun than the kids!
What in the world? I tried to convince Bobby that he was no Paul Hamm but that didn't keep him from trying. Ummmm, yeah baby, that looks.....good. Real good.
As the Birthday Boy, Rhett got to get harnessed into the jumpy thing and be catapulted to the ceiling of the gym. He was loving it!
Silly face after silly face!
It's extremely hard to capture a bouncing object in low lighting for a good picture. Oh well. My motto always has been, "I'm no professional".

He tried to give me a wave but with that face and that blurred out hand it looks more like I was trying to cover up the fact that he was giving me the universal peace sign.
His request for cake was as follows: "Chocolate cake with chocolate icing. A star wars picture and sprinkles of all colors". I think my mom did an awesome job creating his wish!
He could hardly contain the excitement of the goodness to come.
Big breath!
BLOW!
The party was a sucess complete with all of his greatest buds and some spectacular gifts to keep him busy for the next couple weeks. I crack up because, since we had his party a week early, when his actual birthday day rolled around he decided that he was canceling his other party (that we already had) and he was instead having a slumber birthday party. I wish he would've filled me in on his plans before he verbally invited at least 3 children. Needless to say, that didn't quite happen. We can save the slumbering for next year.

Happy Birthday, Rhett!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday to Rhett! Goodness I still remember when you were pregnant with him...how time flies and he has for sure gotten taller. Let it Shine looks like fun! I am thinking maybe I need to enroll Bek!

Lucy said...

Looks like they all had a lot of fun! I didn't realize such things existed for kids to enjoy! Happy Birthday to Rhett!