Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh, Happy Day!

This past Sunday was a day that Bobby and I have been praying for ever since we found out our first little Morgan was growing in the womb. After many years of "planting seeds" about Jesus, Cade and Grant both decided a few weeks ago to pray and ask Jesus into their hearts! I know the road of life is long and has many huge decisions, but this one is, by far, the most important one they will ever make. I continue to pray that they will always choose the narrow road and that they will remember this day for the rest of their lives. We did a tag team brothers baptism and they couldn't have been happier to be sharing this day with one another.


Cade was up first being that he is the oldest. Pastor Eric shared a little about our family and asked the boys, "What is the most important thing you could tell everyone today?" to which they responded, "Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior!" Amen!
Rhett voiced his concern that Cade was not going to be able to hold his breath long enough to survive the dunk. I assured him that it was a quick dip and not a near drowning.
And dip it was! I was lucky to catch Cade's little feet popping up out of the water. Everyone in the congregation chuckled and I was told that all you could see from the pew was his feet in the air.

Grant went second. He was a little nervous but denied it when Pastor Eric asked him. I could tell by the way he kept running his hands along the baptistry glass.
Ready to be dunked:
His little feet popped up out of the water as well!

We snapped a quick after-dunk picture. The first thing both of them said was, "PT (pastor Tom, our preacher) needs to get a water warmer in that thing!" They were shivering to the bone!
One quick partial family photo on the big day. It's apparent that hypothermia is setting in on Grant so we didn't have much time to snap :)
I thought a very neat thing about their baptism day was that we also did the Lord's Supper. Once you become a Christian and are baptized, you are allowed to partake. It was a neat thing to share both of those moments on the same day. Rhett was sitting in my dad's lap and dad whispered to him, "We're doing the Lord's Supper today." to which he replied, "Good. I hope it's hotdogs." When you have Rhett in your family even the most serious moments are tinged with laughter. Gotta love it! Thank you to all of the buddies that shared this day with the boys and to our family for sharing it with us as well!

Praise the Lord for this great day!

6 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Nothing more precious to Jesus than this. Nothing.

Jenny Ann said...

Best Post Ever! For some reason though I'm hungry all of a sudden.

Danielle said...

Awesome post!! Oh Happy Day indeed!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Awesome!!! LOVE the pics! What a wonderful day!

Katie said...

What a wonderful day, indeed!

Lucy said...

Congratulations to you all!!