Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pre-K

FINALLY Little Buddy's school started. It really seemed like too much time between the big boys starting "real" school and Rhett's first day. We played way too many games of 'sorry' that I inevitably lost in due to intentional cheating or mid-game rule changes (also known as cheating), reviewed alphabet flash cards, and everything in between. Needless to say, after listening to him tell me how much fun I wasn't and answering the question, "When are my brothers going to be home?" nearly eighty times each day, I was more than ready to ship him off to Mrs. Ann Marie for a few hours a week!


I was a bit concerned sending him to school with his face being in the condition it was. The picture certainly does it no justice. He had a scab above his left eye with brusing and puffiness below, along with scratches on his right cheek that looked like a cat attacked him. We don't have a cat and I can't tell you the last time I saw one around here. I have no clue what happened to the child. None. Neither does he which really doesn't surprise me in the least.
He wanted to have a back to school picture made with Tee-Tiny. I wonder if they teach proper baby holding technique in Pre-k class? I've been trying for 4 months now and it's just not sinking in.
Good thing she doesn't seem to mind. So, for now, it's just me and Tee-Tiny holding down the fort on Tues/Thurs. I'm thinking about buying that "My Baby Can Read!" stuff that infommercial keeps trying to sell me during the day. That way, by the time she gets to go to Pre-K all the other kids will be looking at picture books and she'll be reading War and Peace and it will certainly be a direct reflection of my superior parenting. Honestly, we'll probably just end up at Publix. I don't want to overexert myself.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Hope Rhett is enjoying school!