Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Slumber


Since the beginning of the summer Cade and Grant decided that they were going to be bed buddies and double up on Grant's spacious full size mattress. I didn't mind them sharing just as long as everyone was getting appropriate sleep and not being whine-bags the next day due to exhaustion. After being up late one night feeding Elaina, I decided to hop on over and just check on the boys one more time before I hit the sack. Cade was snug as bug in Grant's bed.

I scanned, looking for Grant but didn't see him immediately......probably because he wasn't there. He had opted for a more unconventional sleep area.
Fast asleep. Snoring in his skivvies.
I picked him up (which, might I add, is much harder these days) and placed him back in the bed. Cade rolled over immediately and gave him the hand of submission. I would have gone out on a limb and said it was a "love pat" or a "glad you're back" caress, but I know these two too well. It was most definitely the hand of submission.
The next morning I questioned Grant about why on earth he was in the floor. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, it was a regular nighttime occurrence. I guess it's just cool to camp somewhere else in your room. I had to break up the party and create some sleep time rules: Cade needs to be in his own bed, and if I catch Grant sleeping in the floor again I'm taking his bed to GoodWill.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Now I know why Grant is shy of getting his picture taken! :)