Monday, July 5, 2010

Extravaganza Celebration Jubilee!



Freedom Celebration Day rolled around again and I LOVED having Tee-Tiny here to celebrate with us! I got our usual patriotic t's at the Tarjay but there was nada for the little one. Luckily, her favorite mocha friend had saved hers and we were able to make use of it! Here's the best we could do for a sibling shot......and as in many of my pictures, someone has gum in their mouth. I've created a gum addiction that runs deeply into this family.

Bobby had worked for nearly a year collecting explosives for his arsenal. The night before the 4th Rhett said, "When I wake up will it be the forf ub July?"..... I responded "yes." Rhett, with fist pump, "Yessssssss. I can't wait to blow up somethin'!"


I had a little fun myself this year pulling out some head gear that I had purchased years ago for a photo op for the day the child we brought home via international adoption became a US citizen. However, being that our babe was born in the good ol' US of A, I whipped them out as celebratory head garb. One of us loved it. One of us didn't. You decide.
A definite small people crowd pleaser is always the little firecrackers Bobby gets. This year it was tanks vs. fire engines vs. helicopters.

Everyone was surprised when the fire engine ended up being the winner.
All eyes were on the street......well, almost all eyes. Some little little people were inside and didn't partake in this set of festivities.
Mostly boys. With a few gals thrown in for good measure.
My fav picture of the entire night is this one. Sista's from a different Mista: Mmmmmm. Couldn't you just eat this up??
The kiddos had a great time running out in the yard and playing a quick pick up game of wiffle ball.
And, as every year, there is always a picture that someone, unbeknownst to you, sneaks into and you don't realize it until the pictures are downloaded. This time it was Ashley stealing my thunder......
usually it's Jon. In the women's picture.
Our night sky was lit up like downtown Nashville. Minus the river front. And the music. And a couple thousand people.
We had a blast eating steaks (and chicken for us white-meaters) and laughing with our friends. We are praising the Lord for another year down without third-degree burns or missing appendages :) And, for the love of all that is good, and right and true, remember how much you love celebrating freedom come November. That's all I'm going to say about that because this here blog doesn't do deep :)

Happy 4th of July, folks!

No comments: