So many things about having a daughter make me smile. This particular conversation (albeit pretty much one-sided) is definitely one thing that made me smile and Bobby sigh all at the same time.
Me: "Lanie, can you say 'MaMa'? 'MaaaMaaa'?"
Elaina: nothing.
Me: "Well, how about 'Dada'? Can you say 'DaaaaDaaaa'?"
Elaina: nada.
Me: "Okay. Let's practice the most important word of all: Shoes. Can you say 'shoes'??"
Elaina: "Ooooooo. Oooooooo."
I'm not even kidding! This is the first indication that Bobby is in real trouble with this gal. So, in my "nature vs. nurture" questioning........check one for nurture. This baby girl is showing definite signs of being ALL mine!
2 comments:
Jon is going to kill you bc/ I now have to have another girl so I can get darling pictures like that. Of course, I'd have to borrow your shoes because my comfy sandles probably wouldn't make such a cute picture. I honestly had a 3rd child so I could take great pictures then God surprised me with twins which made me too tired to even remember how to work my camera so maybe I'll just scroll back up and enjoy Elaina's pictures!
Those tiny feet are going to look great in any shoe! I'm seeing some size 5's in your future. Better start shopping!
~H
Post a Comment