Monday, June 28, 2010

Desperate Measures

Even though we live in a pretty close quartered neighborhood, we've been blessed with a really large back yard. I find that many times I'm standing on our back deck yelling my head off at the boys with little to no chance of them ever responding. Now, mind you, some of that may be selective hearing. However, since my children are near perfect obeyers and listeners (humph....), I will chose to believe that it is the breeze carrying my sweet voice to places unwanted. So, in my desperation to keep the kids out of the tiny creek water with their good shoes, and to get Bobby to retreat from his golfing green for dinner in a timely fashion, I broke down and bought:

A megaphone.

Now that baseball has concluded we are once again going to have time to spend out in the back yard chasing rabbits and scoping out the area in the trees that the boys are convinced would be a great spot for Grandpa to construct the perfect secret clubhouse. I'm sure this new purchase is going to cut down on the time I spend overworking my vocal chords. In fact, not only does it work when the boys are far away, I've also found that it's not too shabby in close range either. Looks like mom's voice won't be ignored around these parts any longer!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, Drill Sergent!! ;)

The pic with you and Cade is priceless.

Lucy said...

Just what I was thinking! "You're in the Army now, boys"!