Just shortly after Elaina arrived home I was able to finish her room. I had a stranger on Etsy paint her a little ditty to go behind her crib. It turned out really cute and really cut down on all the bare wall. After much fiasco, I also got all of her furniture in and assembled. I won't go in to how I ordered her furniture in JANUARY before I even knew she was coming (living expectantly :) ) with the assurance that it would be here in March....only to be first of April.....end of April....probably will be here at the end of JUNE! WHAT???? Apparently they had to actually hunt and kill the trees to whittle. Anyhoo, I hard nosed and got some different furniture available just in time for Little Tee-Tiny.
Here is a picture of her little painting. Don't let the color fool you. There is no red in it. It's actually dark pink in real life......darker than I would have liked but definitely not red.
The shelf above the dresser was made by my dad and has been in every baby room I've had. I had to re-stain it to match her furniture but it's keeping up with it's legacy and holding a very precious handmade blanket with pink ribbon and crocheted frillies!
I also found that I can tie a pretty mean bow and I'm quite adept with the hot glue gun. Craftiness is NOT my specialty but I wanted a little somethin' somethin' to hold all of her 'properly proportionate to head' bows. If you peek in the mirror you can see the sheet turned shower curtain I crafted as well (idea from the ever crafty Misty!). Who knew that having a girl would bring out this artsy side in me??Okay. I went too far. I don't think "artsy" and me can be in the same sentence with a serious face.
The best thing about Tee-Tiny's bed is that just this week she's actually been sleeping in it! After 6 weeks of only sleeping in her car seat she's finally made the transition!
Even better is that she seems to like it! I caught a little grin on her sweet little face and had my camera handy to capture it. Imagine that. Me and my camera poking around this baby. Mmmmm. I'm in love. Again.
3 comments:
Is that a manly football watching recliner in the corner of that room? It's hard to tell? If it is, that's okay, I would just like you to tell about all the furniture in the room:)
She is so cute, I could just eat her. Literally, take a big bite right out of those cheeks!
Love the room, it all came together and looks great!
Love it!
Post a Comment