Monday, August 17, 2009

A New Favorite Sport

We spent our official last week of summer learning some golf skills at a kid's golf camp in the area. Little Buddy wasn't old enough to partake but that didn't keep him from honing his own golfing technique in our makeshift backyard golf course. Bobby has taken to mowing our back field into his own personal green. At first I thought it looked like crop circles. Now I'm just feeling that it's starting to look ghetto. That's neither here nor there. The testosterone in this house likes it so it will stay.
Between me trying to learn to hit some balls and the boys chunking theirs everywhere Bobby has only a few shag balls left. Who knew it would be so hard to locate your ball once it rocketed into a grove of trees? Yes. Cade is wearing a helmet while golfing. Normally I would suggest that it probably isn't necessary, but in this company I figure a little extra protective gear to the head is never a bad option.

We've somehow managed to get two lefties in this little family. That means sharing some golf clubs for now until we can find another set for Grant. And inevitably it also means that at some point during golf practice Little Buddy will get hacked off and storm off the green.

Sharing is not his best virtue......
So, for now, we have a new favorite sport....or so they say. Quote on the last day of camp, "Yeah. Well, me and Grant, we just decided that golf is pretty much our favorite sport and we're probably just going to play that forever and not play anything else." Grant: "Did you know there is NO RUNNING in golf? None. I think it is my favorite." Ha. Gotta love it!



No comments: