Monday, August 24, 2009

G Makes His Debut and Little Buddy Ain't Happy

Today was Grant's first day to get up and get ready for "real" school. He was so excited that his belly just wouldn't let him eat his breakfast. No bus today being that it was a half day and good gracious, if I have to hear him ask one more time when he gets to ride I think my ears are going to blow off the sides of my head.
His brothers gave him the celebratory group hug before we hopped in the car to head over to the school. On the way there Cade gave him lots of tips on the cafeteria and what games were cool to play on the playground.
He also promised to walk him to his class every day.

Thank the Good Lord (and the principal) that we got the same AWESOME kindergarten teacher that Cade had. We love her to pieces and Grant was so excited to have her. Please note that I just had the child's hair cut last week. I'm not sure why now all of the sudden it's hanging in his eyes. I have not been using Horse Mane shampoo and typically it doesn't grow that much in a weeks time. Hmmm.



After the dropoff Little Buddy and I headed out the door. He said, "Wait. Where's Cade?" and I replied, "He had to stay and go to his class. It's just you and me, kid." His answer? " How about I don't even like 'just you and me kid' ."
And here is a true portrayal of his feelings:


So sad.....and just a bit mad.

He did have some deep thoughts to share with me on the way out. Here's our conversation in the car:


LB: "Why are we going soooooo slow??"


Me: "Because we are in the school zone. You have to go slow."


LB: "Are those people [speeding by] breaking the speed lemon?"


Me: "Yeah. Probably."


LB: "You know? People that do that just don't like Jesus very much. It's not that they're Jesus haters- that they just really hate Jesus.........it's just that they are choosing their own pathways."


Whaaa? I had to turn around with my confused face to make sure there was a three year old still sitting in the car seat. When I looked at him he threw his hands up and said, "What?? WHAT???".


Here's to a swell first day of kindergarten for Grant and some more words of wisdom from my ever swiftly maturing third born.

7 comments:

Tonya Lee said...

I love that child! You could totally write a book about him because he sounds like Junie B. Jones or Alexander. It sounds like he can just skip kindergarten! That is, if he chooses that pathway.

Nicole @ Four Real said...

That is hilarious Sonja! I told you it was going to be hard for him. Micah was the same way when Noah went to school. We'll have to get the boys together to work off some energy! :)

Beth said...

Sonja! That is hilarious! You better watch that one. He is a smart little cookie.

Mommy said...

He makes me laugh. I wonder what he thinks of j-walkers and litter-ers? I bet they don't like Jesus either. HA! I can't believe G is a K-er!

Angel said...

Seriously, if there are two things in this world that I can't stand, it's Jesus-haters and people who break the speed lemon. Really.

Courtney said...

2 in school! 1 left behind!

sounds like y'all are on the same pathway as us.

atleast my left behind-er doesn't completely understand the concept of school days, and time, and not having built in entertainers...

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

I can't believe Grant is starting kindergarden already!!!! Where has the time gone??? Rhett is hilarious and apparently very smart!