Thursday, August 13, 2009

Movin' On Up

Where have the years gone?? Cade has his first day of SECOND grade today. I can't even believe it. I took him to school today but from this day forward he claims he wants to ride the bus to and from school. We'll see how that goes.
What a handsome fella. I try to give his hair the messy look......even just a little texture to it, but no. He insists on having Ken doll hair "just like daddy". Whatever floats your boat. And I guess I know what's going to be on the top of his Christmas list this year: his two front teeth. ha. Lost both of them a couple weeks ago. From his own lips, "No more corn on the cob or eating whole apples for me for a while".
I got a quick pic of him at his new desk, hard at work. No picture with his teacher this year. She was all busy and stuff and I wasn't sure if it was totally uncool to get your pic with your teacher in the second grade. Let's just all be thankful that I didn't lug my big camera in there like I usually do. I just discreetly snapped a couple with my little pocket cam. It gets the job done.

Here's to a great second grade year. In a couple weeks Grant will take his turn as a bottom of the barrel kindergartner. I probably won't shed a tear but I guarantee I'll have a lump in the ol' throat. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Tonya Lee said...

I get so excited to see you posted. You need to step up the frequency. I'm sure you'll have lots of material now that you get to entertain Rhett all by hisself. Gone are the days of letting the boys play while you did your own thing-sorry! You should have lots of interesting conversations coming up. I can't believe Cade is a 2nd grader-wow! I wouldn't be bragging about not crying. You think the 2nd will be easier, but I cried even more and so did a certain unamed man who was with me??!! My advice- do NOT read any poems a kindergarten teacher gives you!