Bobby was suppose to give Joe a run for his money in the climbing arena but a shoulder snafoo had him sidelined for this go-around. My sis, Tracie, made a trip up to tag along for the fun.
Since we were not avid Climb Nashville participants we had to go through an intro class that taught us the basics of how to harness up and how to belay (where one person attaches themselves to the opposite end of the climbers rope in order to keep them from falling).
Needless to say, it was quite nerve-racking for me to know that if I came flying down that wall all I had tethering me was my 100 pound sister. I'm sure if I'd of come down fast enough the rope would have completely jerked her into the air........anyway, thankfully that didn't happen.
Needless to say, it was quite nerve-racking for me to know that if I came flying down that wall all I had tethering me was my 100 pound sister. I'm sure if I'd of come down fast enough the rope would have completely jerked her into the air........anyway, thankfully that didn't happen.Jennifer was my belay on one climb. I'm saying, "You best not let me die...." in this pic. She didn't. Thanks, Jenn!

I'm nearly 45 stories up in this picture. Well, not really. Actually, not even close. But that's not what my central nervous system was saying. I had voices in my head saying, "Get Down!! Go back!! Turn around!!" and then others saying, "You wuss. Suck it up. Baby. Make it to the top or die!!" I'm not going to lie--- my pits were sweating. Not so much from working hard, but from sheer terror.
I found out that I'm pretty much a fraidy cat. My sister also called me Nancy Nay-Sayer because I'd take one look at a path on a high wall and say, "yup, can't do that one. Not even gonna try." She hung in there and belayed me on even the eaisiest routes. And for once in her life she can say she beat me at something. There. I said it. She's better than me at indoor rock climbing. :)


2 comments:
I wish I could have gone. Tab's mother was in town on Sunday before she flew out on Monday.
I couldn't have climbed though. As you probably saw in my facebook I had a bicycle accident. Went to the doctor yesterday and I have a minor fracture in my left radial bone (forarm).
Hopefully we can do it again and I can join you. I'm not that great of a climber, but I enjoy it.
-Chris
was that at the Crag? Aaron and I went last year and had a blast!
Post a Comment