His first uniform came with a ball cap and he thought that was the greatest thing ever. In fact, one game I forgot the cap and we had to borrow one from the coach because Rhett just couldn't play without one. Ball without a cap was just unheard of!
His team was full of buddies from church so along with a little batting and fielding there was a lot of horseplay and roughhousing. I'm pretty sure that he and his bud are discussing team strategy here not whether or not their mom's are packing Lunchables to the pool tomorrow.
It was a sight to see him running with reckless, and I do mean reckless, abandon toward any and every ball that entered the field. Once the ball was hit it looked more like tackle football than baseball for sure. Every now and then Rhett would surface from the pile holding the prize.....more often than not he just wrestled it out of some girl's hand.
He did fairly well hitting this year. Every time Bobby and I tried to practice with him in the yard his response was, "I know, I know, I know. Now just back away and let me do it. I don't need anybody's help!" I'm giving him an "F" on teachability this year.

He was always all smiles running the bases. It takes skill to run and hold your helmet on at the same time!


And the moment he lived for: the end of the game when tickets were passed out. Inevitably one of his brothers became his very best friend and would escort him to the concession stand. It was there that they would choose something wholesome and filling....something good for bone strength and stamina.....and excellent for tooth enamel:
Fun Dip. Nothing like dipping a sugar stick into sugar and eating it an hour before bedtime. One plus is that it's good for sharing....hence the reason he always had an overly loving brother to accompany him with his ticket. Next sport on the agenda- soccer. Hopefully my eighty bucks will go towards watching him learn to kick and run, not twirl on the field and ask when snacks will be given out. Only time will tell!
2 comments:
Too cute. Ashton's first season of soccer was spent perfecting her skills as an architect by crafting things out of grass and twigs, playing with her shadow, and watching what was happening on the field beside her. Second season was better - can't wait to see what this one brings!
Those pants puddled up on top of the shoes. Tooo cute! That tongue looks quite scary.
Post a Comment