Some things just last a lot longer than you anticipate. In fact, most of the time you forget about said things. And, suddenly, they reappear. They reappear when you'd least expect it. Such as, say, when you are coming back to your home after dropping ALL the kids at school and you realize that you accidentally left the garage door open. Feeling fairly sure that no one actually used this opportunity to let themselves in you walk nonchalantly into your kitchen, walk past the opening to the dining room.........and see this:

You must realize that this balloon that just fails to die (not unlike the real Darth Vader) is the exact same height as me and when you see it in your periphery it nearly causes a coronary. After I collected myself and realized that it was a
stinkin' balloon and not a crazed maniac trying to get me I laughed and vowed that it would NOT startle me like that again. Until it showed up a couple days later behind the door of my laundry room...

I NEARLY had to pull out my karate skills. What? You didn't know that I know
Kung Fu? Well, some I learned from a panda but back in the 90's I made it all.the.way. to yellow belt in
Wado Ryu.

I'm just
sayin'. I've got some serious hidden
skillz. So, if you're planning on attacking me any time soon you'd better give it a second thought. There is no telling when all these suppressed roundhouse kicks and gut punches will resurface.
5 comments:
Too funny. Hey, I have a yellow belt in tae kwon do ( I don't even know how to spell it) from 7th grade. WE ROCK!!
You are such a hoot! I HATE when that happens! I have 2 little boys and their balloons and stuff startle me all the time. Those things float from room to room with the air circulation. Atleast you have some defense, it's a good thing to have these days.
This has happened to me before too and the balloon wasn't even darth vader. What's even worse is that I don't have any karate skills.
Ummmm...I've known you all this time and had no idea you were so talented. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to see you contemplate the use of those skills on a balloon. HA!
So funny and so true! I've had similar experiences with those type of baloons. Once I left my house and saw one in the upstairs window. I literally thought someone was in our house looking out the window.
Post a Comment