Friday, December 26, 2008

Three Days of Christmas

We started out our Christmas celebration the weekend before so that we could spend time with my sister. She was on call the entire week of Christmas and wasn't able to travel here. Bummer! We headed to mom's house for some good dinner and family time. As usual, she was in her bedroom finishing up wrapping presents. My camera starting acting weird on this night. I only got a couple pics. Then by Christmas Eve it was completely on the fritz. That does not make me a happy camper being that I LOVE to take photos. Lucky for me, my husband loves me dearly and knows what an appendage my camera is to me so he's ordered me a new one.

The boys had fun playing with Aunt Tracie.


And they were thoroughly excited to see that she had gotten them "what they have always wanted!"..... Star Wars the Clone Wars for Wii.She also brought their favorite cousin on this side of the family: Chico Boy.


Dad had a reindeer search planned out. The boys had to look all around and find the hidden paper reindeer. Grant was the winner but due to the political correctness of this generation everyone received a prize.


Christmas Eve we headed to Bobby's mom and dad's for Christmas with his family. My camera was completely dead so I had to steal this picture from Bobby's sister, Wendy. The boys had a great time, as usual, hanging out with their cousins and they really racked up on some Lego's. So this get-together was definitely a hit for them!



As odd as it is, our kids slept later on Christmas Day than they have the entire 2008 year. I had to go and wake Rhett up. Our tradition is to read the Christmas story out of the Bible and then head down to do presents. This year we only had one complainer and that was Grant. He stated, "Well, I'm not EVEN going to listen to the story. Besides, I totally already know what's going to happen!" I'm glad he's so well informed.

This is one of the very few pictures I have from Christmas morning. I know. It's a sad story. Hopefully these Christmas memories will be forever ingrained in my memory. I'll remember that we made homemade sugar cookies and decorated them together and that I ate approximately forty two of them. I'll remember that nearly every gift under the tree was related to Star Wars. I'll remember how Bobby convinced me that GRANT really wanted Laser Tag guns and then I'll remember how he ran around the house that morning like a ten year old, hiding behind furniture and shooting at me. I'll also remember how blessed we are that we have a reason to celebrate and that God's precious gift is irrevocable. You don't need a camera to remember that one.

















2 comments:

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

I am very glad Bobby got HIS lazer tag guns. He's a smooth one!

Unknown said...

So where is Tracy living at now? I spent the holiday in Bowling Green with Tab's family and then drove up to NKY to visit with mom, dad, Joe, and the Crowleys. Got to see the house I grew up in, it is across the street from the Crowleys.

I wanted to go down Nagel and see you're old house and some other old places of childhood long gone but couldn't find the time as I was only up there for 2 days.