Wednesday, December 31, 2008

And That's A Wrap!

I can't believe that 2008 is already seeing it's way out the door. This year has been full of great things, several not great at all things, and a lot of things that are just a blur of memories. It's been a life saver to have this blog again to be able to refresh my memory on all that has happened over the past 12 months. I had over a hundred things to post about! I even had a record breaking post with 17 comments! That's pretty good for a small town gal like myself!
We had a couple fun trips this year: Costa Rica and Florida.


I saw several famous people: "Jennifer" from Days, Brad Paisely, Kenny Chesney, my bff Leann Rimes and her cute black pumps, Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift.


2008 ushered in 2 costume parties at the Morgan Casa.


2 things that have been a long time coming came to fruition in 08: My dad retired and Rhett stopped wearing diapers!


Cade finished Kindergarten and became a first grader that rides the bus all in this year.


We spent a lot of time at soccer games and t-ball games. I tried my hand at frying something and failed. And while perusing this past year I noted that a lot of posts had to do with Rhett and his crazy antics.
And, I will say, that just in time to be included in this post, one of my MOST favorite things about this year is this:

My dearest friend of 17 years holding her precious newborn baby boy after 2 tragic losses and 18 weeks of bedrest. Praise God! I couldn't have asked for a better way to close out this year.

I'm expecting big things for 2009. I'm not making any crazy resoultions, just keeping my heart and mind hopeful (and of course prayerful) that 09 brings a face to the little girl that runs through my dreams. It's not too much to ask is it??

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

You are precious my dear friend. I am thrilled to be on your favorite things list. I am so ready for you to see this little boy I can hardly stand it. Thank you for making me and Medela happy at 3:59 this friday morning! Love you much...

Becky said...

I can't wait for you to have that picture of the little girl in your dreams! Please tell Danielle and Blake congratulations for me.

Colleen said...

I love the year end wrap up. That picture of Danielle is great! Happy New Year friend! When are we celebrating your birthday? :)