Monday, December 1, 2008

A Little Home Improvement

As most of you know, my handyman dad retired back in July. That has freed him up somewhat to do some projects for me. First on the list was putting up some bead board in our upstairs Jack and Jill bathroom. Here's the before shot:

Here is my hired hand (with the only due payment being undying love.....How did I get off so easy?? That's already been given!!) It was a pretty daunting task given all of the little walls and the fact that one entry door is on a diagonal which left for some weird angles to be cut. And here's the finished product!! I was so happy at the way that it turned out. It really spruced up the bathrooms and made it so much brighter!



I took some pictures of the boys in the tree at my mom's house and then printed them off at home and framed them. I thought it added a lot of character to the room.



I forgot to snag a picture of Cade's bathroom before. But here it is after:
I still need to add a framed picture in his. They only had three frames at the Tarjay. So, a big shout out to my Dad for all of his hard work. I can't forget my mom either. She did a alot of the caulking and helped me get it all painted (so did you Bobby, thanks!)

Now begins the countdown............how long will it take the boys to pee on the newly renovated walls? You may think I'm joking, unless you live with little boys or are one. In any case, it won't be long! At least I'll be able to spot it more eaisily on all these white walls! Yick....


3 comments:

Alicia (dna) said...

Thank you for confirming that it's not just my boys that get distracted while pottying.

What is that all about? I've said at least 1000 times, "make sure it goes in the toilet". It's hopeless!

The bathrooms look great!

Mommy said...

Looks AMAZING! I'm about to do the same thing in the mud closet and the upstairs bath. This makes me excited.

Shawn said...

Thanks for mentioning the pee issue. The places I have to scrub boggle the mind...truly.

~H