Saturday, December 6, 2008

Birthday Bacon???

Today is this handsome fellow's birthday. You know, once you start getting older, birthday's aren't really such a big deal like they were when you were five. I didn't spend hours trying to find matching plates and cups with pirates on them. I didn't fill goodie bags with junk to give away. (Well, I don't do that for ANY parties really. I'm an anti-goodie-bag-giver. You have my permission to talk about me after you leave my child's party. I'm self-confident and firm in my conviction.) Anyway, instead of all that hoo-ha I decided to
take my maiden voyage in the boat that is bacon frying. Anyone who REALLY knows me knows that "frying", "bacon" and me NEVER flow in the same sentence. So you can see what a sacrifice this was. What a gift of myself it was to give. I know I will catch some flack from you fried fried lovers......you know who you are, but this will be the first time EVER that we have fried in our current house. We've lived here for over 2 years.


Needless to say, it didn't turn out well. I'm thankful for whomever it was that invented the handy, dandy microwave. Nobody told me that the bacon would crisp once you took it out of the greasy pan and laid it on the papertowel. I was cookin' it till it got all good and crispified. I love that our house now has the permanant stinch of burned up bacon. Sweet.


My cheesy eggs and the biscuits turned out well, though. It's easy to make homemade biscuits when they come straight out of that frozen bag. They were very Craker Barrelesque.So, here's to a very Happy Birthday to Bobby. I hope I have the privelege to make him MANY more birthday breakfasts. Next year I'll probably hold that bacon.


6 comments:

Big Nanny said...

This is such a sweet moment in history and I'm so proud of you! Really, I am. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. I also love that it looks like Cade is drinking my favorite Diet Dr. P for breakfast.

The fact that you don't like bacon makes me question if you're really from the south.

Ashley said...

You should have asked Brent to fry it up for you... he is all about frying things up.

Happy Birthday, Bobby! I love the wall pose!

Becky said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Bobby!

Melissa Lee said...

What do you mena it was the first time you smelt that fried smell in your home? I was just there a few weeks ago!

Your telling me it didn't smell different when I left?

What's up with that?

Also, keep your husband away from me. If all he wants for his birthday is something fried, there's a good chance he will fall madly in love with me and begin an awkward amount of stalking.

Melissa

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

I loves me some bacon! Happy birthday Bobby!

Mommy said...

Oh my! I have read this post several times and it makes me laugh every single time. I think you should stick to microwave bacon cooking. :-) Get him to try turkey bacon. Save effect with half the fat. :-) Happy Belated Birthday Bobby! Hope the rest of your special day was excellent (minus the bacon incident".