Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Can You Hear the Angels Singing??

I can! Today marks the onset of Tuesday/Thursday freedom, stag grocery shopping, entering Target without repeating the phrase "NO TOYS" a thousand times, and listening to MY radio station for at least a few hours a week. Praise Jesus. Seriously. Praise Him because He gave me three wonderfully active boys and then knew that I would need a break and gave me church based preschool. Gotta love it.

Bobby did drop off duties today which I was a little sad about but he needed the first day experience to check off the list, too, I guess. I was still able to snap some first day pictures of course.
We didn't get new backpacks because last year I bought some from Lands End and supposedly they last a lifetime. Be prepared to see Grant lugging his gecko backpack in his first day of college pictures. Do you get to take first day of college pics?
Little Buddy was so excited to go that he was in the car right after Cade got on the bus. That was at 8:02 this morning. School starts at 9. Needless to say, he finally came in and caught up with the Backyardigans for a bit. He took his "All About Me" poster with him today. It was his homework over the weekend. He really loved using a glue stick and telling me what kind of pictures he needed for his project. Right now the most important things in his life are: his family (I'm glad we made the cut), pizza, horses, fire engines and his "boppy" and Chicky Bear. I'm so impressed that Chicky Bear has stayed at the top of his love list this long. I guess it's a good thing I didn't talk him into the elephant. It would have been like an arranged marriage or something. Good for practical purposes but not filled with the love.
Here's to some good free time. Maybe I'll actually remember to use my coupons at the grocery store now. Who am I kidding? Preschool is great but it's no miracle worker.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Amen girl! I love me some preschool. Prob is- I still have one in tow. But, as you know so well, one is a cinch compared to 2 or 3 at Publix or Target or anywhere for that matter!
Maybe we could hook up for lunch sometime!
Live your freedom to it's fullest until your sweet baby girl comes along!
3 cheers for school- Courtney