He talked about an elephant the whole way up there. Talked about how much his froggie would LOVE to have an elephant to play with. How much he LOVED elephants. So when we got there he picks out.............no, not the elephant, but the husky dog sitting right next to it. Go figure. I tried to talk him out of it but he would have none of it. Once he had picked up the husky dog it was over. No more looking. Whatever. The elephant would have been so much cuter.
He plumped it up and gave it to the lady. Refused to kiss the little guy's heart but he did warm it just a little.
His favorite part was the bath. Husky dog got several of them. Then it was on to dressing.
We are now welcoming fireman husky dog to the family.
We sat down at the computers and Rhett had to name the little guy. I thought for sure it would be "fireman dog" or "fire doggie". Nope. "Chicky Bear". Let that sink in. I have no idea what that is suppose to mean but he said it three or four times and I repeated it for clarification. Once again, whatever. This was not about me although Bobby would tell you differently. He knows I have been waiting for this chance for 6 years now. There is so much sacrifice in motherhood.
We topped it off with a healthy meal from Chick-fil-a. Today was "Cow Appreciation Day" and if you dressed like a cow you got a free meal. Rhett wore this and got a free Kids Meal. Who knew??
Obviously if I had I would've pulled this out and donned it once again. Ahhhh. Circa 1994. Good times.
3 comments:
Wow,I was going to say that it wouldn't have been worth having people see you in the outfit to save $4, but realized you just put that picture on the WORLD-WIDE-WEB!
You're "udderly" brave, sorry I've lived with Jon too long!
Sonja I have been stalking your blog since Misty says how funny you are. I love reading your stuff! I totally know where you are coming from on this one---I'm so excited to now have a girl I can one day do this without ridicule. hee hee
You look good in holstien! Yes, 1994...seems like yesterday. By the way, Chickie Bear is cute too :)
Post a Comment