Thursday, December 29, 2011

Shoose

Elaina is definitely a girl after my own heart when it comes to her excitement over "shoose". She gets all happy whenever I pull out a pair she hasn't seen and she even knows the difference between boots and just plain shoes. That makes me smile :) Imagine her excitement when I pulled out some hand-me-down dress up shoes from her cousin, Amelia!

There were audible woahs and breathy wows. Then she was on her bottom with her little foot sticking into the air saying, "Shoose on. Shoose on, pees". So, shoes on it was!
She trotted down the hallway over and over again...
Up the hallway.....
back down the hallway to her bedroom where she would run into the bathroom so she could hear the 'click, click, click' of the little heel on the tile floor.
After she wore out the pink princess ones she came running with the green tinkerbell pair. And, again, it was "Shoose on, pees".
We played shoe dress up for about 30 minutes until rowdy brothers broke up our girl time.
I thank Jesus every day for making me wait on the perfect gift that was THIS baby girl. It tickles me pink to be playing shoes with her. Lord help Bobby when she steps up from Tinkerbell shoes to Christian Louboutins!

2 comments:

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

This is probably why God hasn't given me a little girl. We'd go broke!! I love it!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

This is probably why God hasn't given me a little girl. We'd go broke! I love it!!!