Saturday, September 3, 2011

ATL MLB 2011

This weekend we grabbed our buds and headed to the ATL for a little baseball. It might as well have been a trip to Disney World with all the excitement floating around! Rhett had a verbal countdown going on at least 10 days before we left. Here we are....finally at the field after a long drive!

We were lucky to get some passes to batting practice. I would say it was the highlight of the trip but the truth is that the ENTIRE weekend was a highlight!
I was happy to have a gal with me at this baseball game. Don't let her fool you, though. She's just as crazy about the game as all of those boys!
The boys ran around getting autographs from all the players that were nice enough to come over. They ended up getting a hat full of signatures (with Rhett being the exception. He did a lot of running up to players and just standing there. He forgot to ask!) To Rhett even Daniel was a bit intimidating in his uniform.
It's always a great time to see our favorite Braves player! It's been quite a change, turning in all of our Marlins gear and hopping on the Tomahawk wagon!
I got a picture of two of the boys with Daniel but Rhett was MIA. I would assume that at this point he was staring at Brian McCann wondering why he wouldn't sign his hat (yet never asking). And, just for the record, I can't stand the new flat billed hats. They make my kid's heads look like gobstoppers.

It doesn't take much to turn Bobby into a twelve year old, in fact, he lives most of his life there, but this did it for him: Mr. Don Mattingly. In fact, the next day he sent Cade over from the good seats to get Don's autograph. It was a day of dreams for Bobby and Brent but Cade had no idea. He just thought it was strange that dad wanted him to let a Dodger sign his hat!
We also got to see Chocolate Papa. I don't know who that is but surely it's someone. I mean, they don't call him Chocolate Papa for nothing.
Jose Constanza.......Little Buddy finally got wise and opened his mouth.
Two peas in a pod were just happy to be anywhere together. Even though they never made it to the good seats they were just happy as larks.
Grant and Callan....
and Ashley and I were the first lucky ones to be treated like ball game royalty. We were just a few seats, a row or two, and a slide and a shuffle from Bobby Cox. I wonder if he realized he was so close to us?

I loved look down to see that the boys had removed their caps for the National Anthem.
Our seats were quite good! And, if I do mention, I got a homerun at this at-bat. It really was for me, per my request, and I feel certain that I would've had 2 more if the Dodger's would've given him something to hit!
Game #2. We had just finished fighting the crowd in the Braves' Shop in order to buy some mini bats (or weapons) and some foam tomahawks to chop the house with.
I love my man. And I really love hanging with him at baseball games.....or anywhere for that matter!
Brent and Ash
The second game had this motley crew in the good seats. Ashley and I had fun watching them from up top. The boys collected who knows how many balls from the Dodger's players.
Here's our crew up top doing the 7th inning stretch singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame".

Then cheering for something.....
The gals.
It was a great weekend for baseball as you can tell by the smiles!
We had a little drizzling rain on Sunday but it was nothing a little pizza as big as your head (seriously), DippinDots, or $5 waters couldn't cure! We can't wait to make another trip to the diamond!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love how excited the boys look, how fun! Love that Dan hit a homerun per your request! The one picture of Danniel and Grant looks just like Mike...they could totally pass for twins!