Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lanie Heads to MDO!

The first year of Elaina's life has just blown right by. I can't believe that it's already time for her to go to Mother's Day Out! I mean, I guess I don't really have to send her but me, myself, and I would like to go to the grocery store and not have someone shrieking each time we pass the goldfish or carton milk. So, here goes!

I know I'm quite partial since she's mine and all but seriously, she's got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. Her outfit isn't hurting either :) (In case I've never mentioned it, shopping for girls is WAY more fun than shopping for boys!) Lanie got a new napmat that she's quite fond of at home. I'll be happy to hear if she actually snoozes on it at school.
I could hardly get her to be still for a picture. She's all into "jumping" right now. I put jumping in quotations because I don't think it qualifies as a jump if you never leave the ground. She gives it a good go though.
She's in love with her blanket. I had to pull the ol' distract and stuff method to get it in her napmat without her throwing a little tantrum. This was what happened when I tried to take it the first time.
She was also all about looking at her shoes.
Since it was her first day being away at school all day I decided she should sport her sparkle shoes. It's a well known fact that sparkle shoes increase one's confidence. And I knew if there were a day that she needed a little boost it would be today.
It was all sillies and laughing before we left. I was certain that once we hit that church parking lot she was going to bring out her serious face. I was right. That's pretty much all she wears at church!
I know she's going to love her teacher, Mrs. Kathi even though she cried when I dropped her off :( I love knowing that she's going to be loved while I'm grocery shopping, picking up the house and volunteering at the school. Okay, I'm trying to make myself sound better than I really am. I'll be shopping, napping, and getting pedicures. Whadaya wanna make of it?

1 comment:

Lucy Howard said...

So, how did it go????