Saturday, February 26, 2011

H2O With BP

When Bobby heard that Brad Paisley was coming back to Nashville to finish out his H2O tour he knew that I'd want to be there. I don't know if anyone knows this, but I REALLY love a BP concert and my ultimate goal in life is to one day be friends with Brad and Kim. I'm pushing for racial diversity in their play group and I really feel that no play group is complete until it has a Hondurican.......just so happens I can help them with that :)

We started out our 2011 Tour of Concerts with our good friends Jeremy and Ashlee. I think they got more than they bargained for at this concert. No one is the same after they've watched a 19 year old and a 45ish year old meeting and making out all during one concert set. Blek.

Look closely here and you'll see my friend Christine standing RIGHT NEXT to the stage after winning front row tickets on a radio station. I personally think any REAL friend would've handed over those tickets to a true BP fan especially knowing my goal and knowing she also had the backstage passes that totally could've given me the "in" that I needed. I tried to slip her my family bio with my number but the pass off just didn't happen.
The first opener was Jarrod Neiman. I had never heard of him but had heard a couple of his songs. "Whaddaya want, whaddaya want, whaddaya want from me?" was one that I liked quite a bit. I'm sure that's not the original title but I never claimed to know it all. Most of the other songs were different versions of being overly intoxicated.....with the exception of the other song I liked "lover, lover, loverrrr you don't treat me no good no more". I probably wouldn't treat my lover very nicely either if he used such bad grammar. Moving on.

The next act was Darius Rucker and I was entertained from beginning to end with him. He toured with BP at another concert we attended but was even better this time.
He brought back some Hootie favorites and it was spectacular. I really could listen to his smokey voice for longer than just an opening act. Well done, Hootie. Well done. For me he finished off with "Family Tradition" and it was quite a treat. The rest of the crowd heard him finish off with Prince's Purple Rain and I'm sure it was fabulous but my dinner water got to me and I was in the bathroom during that ditty.
As usual, our self portrait concert shot:
Let's get to the main show. Brad Paisley. Did I mention my friend Kelly saw him the other day? It seems that I can't get any closer than one degree of Brad Paisley. I'll be honest though. I was glad I wasn't with Kelly. According to her he was sporting a bona fide jogging suit and frankly I don't need that image polluting the cowboy hat and jeans Brad Paisley of my mind.
I'm always awestruck at the amount of people cheering and screaming at the concerts we've attended. Can you imagine having all of those people paying money and going crazy just to see YOU?? I can't fathom what that must feel like.
There's always one (times a thousand) crazy kookoo in a crowd this large (and several bad hair do's, i.e. the reverse mullet on a woman and and total 80's hot roll) and lucky for us one was in our line of sight. It was Sultry Dancing Girl. She's below under the white arrow in the red hooker-esqe dress. Her sensual dancing was a little much for me but the topper was when she removed her underwear and, oh, I'm sorry? Yes. Yes, you heard correctly. I'll continue. She removed her underwear and placed them on the FOOT of the fiddler guy. His foot. On it. There he is doing his little solo ditty and there are her nappy thong panties. Ick.
I wish I had a picture of her friend wearing the backless jean jumper. Let me step out and say that if you currently own anything that combines the words "jean" and "jumper" please, for the love of mankind, take it to the Goodwill immediately. Back to Brad. Stellar guitar playing makes up for the utmost of fashion faux pas.
This is what happens when you accidentally have a shutter speed that's too slow. Work of art.
The last concert we attended (Carrie Underwood) was full of outfit changes. This time around it was guitar changes. I bet there were at least 10 different ones.
Brad announced that he was welcoming a great friend to the stage for a song and I just knew that my favorite Aussie guitar playing country star was stopping in for a "Start a Band" duet. Much to my dismay it was his bud John Jorgasomethingorother who was indeed a grand guitar player but not nearly as exciting as Keith Urban would've been.
Well isn't this a cool silhouette?!
Many lucky people in the crowd were given guitar picks. I was not one of them. I'm sure Christine was. Durn her.
It was another night filled with spectacular songs, good laughs, dear friends, and shocking moments. Concert dates are always my favorite.
Brad Paisley kept the bar high for concert standards for us. Good Lord willing we'll be there the next time he shows up in Nashville. If anyone runs into him before then, let him know you know someone that has a Hondurican baby that is looking for a playgroup.
Hats off to BP and his phenomenal concert!

6 comments:

Tonya Lee said...

I'm stumped. I'm trying to picture you at the concert: are you dancing, are you a swayer, are you holding up the lighter of the 10's-your I-phone, or are you one of those annoying singers who sing out loud like people paid to hear you? I'm pretty sure you're a pointer and a camera clicker. You and Bobby are probably too busy watching the crazies to do any of those other things. And the blog reading world is glad you do- although I'll probably have nightmares of the panty girl tonight!

Becky said...

Another great concert post! I'm still cracking up about the jean jumper.

I think the playgroup also needs an Ethiopian...wouldn't that be so fun!

Bobby is the best getting such good seats! Funny thing is when I heard the commercial for this concert I immediately thought of you and assumed you would be there and yes you were!!

Ashley said...

I'd be glad to contribute the Mayan Indian... cause EVERYBODY needs some little indian in their playgroup.

Love the post... and love how you saved the serious details for the blog. But with the visual I have (after the demo) I can see how her panties coming off would have been an easy task.

OH and I love how you are standing in front of a Designated Driver sign in the first shot!!

Great pics!

Parkerson Family said...

You always have me laughing reading your blog. I'm like you in that I love to people watch, but lets not encourage anyone to take those jean jumpers to the Goodwill because they are just recycled. Then they are likely to show up at another show or two, LOL.

Robin Estep said...

I couldn't wait to read your post-concert review after I heard you went to the concert. You are too funny!

I, too, am cracking up at the jean jumper! That is great.

So jealous of all your fun concert outings...glad I can experience a bit of them through your descriptions and photos. :)

Lucy said...

Love your outfit!