This weekend we trekked up to East Tennessee for the Morgan Fam mini-vacay. We hit the Wilderness Lodge on Friday afternoon and headed straight for the indoor water park. The boys were so pumped about this weekend they could hardly stand it! Once we got there I rarely even saw these four. They were hitting the slides together and didn't slow down.
These two buddied up since they were just shy of the height requirement to ride the slides without an adult. Rhett's enthusiasm was uncontainable. If he screamed "OH YEAH, BABYYYY!!!" once, he screamed it a thousand times.
Someone had less than stellar enthusiasm about the water park:
She felt much more comfortable with someone holding her. In her defense, there were some sketchy people there. I was actually a little afraid myself at times:) After a couple hours she decided to warm up to the water a bit. I think she realized it was quite like her bathtime at home, only on a MUCH larger, louder, more public scale.....and she wasn't naked.
Then she saw her brother.....
and decided she really DID like it!
Yea!! Fear: conquered!
I made the observation that at least 80% of the water park attendees were sporting one or more tattoos. Some had tats from the neck to the ankles with no pink skin between. I'm glad that I had inked Rhett a few days before leaving so he didn't feel left out.
Rhett loved going in the wave pool. Me? I loathed it. Here he is trying to convince me that I really WOULD love it if I'd just get out there. I personally didn't like the idea of trying to keep myself from being forced under water by either a) a huge wave of water or b) some bafoon on a float with no regards to a woman trying to maintain her child's safety.
I hope she relishes this time in her bikini. It will be the only time in her life that a tiny pot belly, rolly polly thighs, and a bikini can come together in total cuteness!
Bobby took her out in the waves for a while and just to make myself feel better I needed to yell out, "make sure you don't drop her!". It's the mom in me. So, Mr. Smart Aleck did this:
Of course, even after that she loved him. Even cupped his chest in love. That cracked me up for some reason.
Brothers in the pool:
We finished off the weekend with a meal at Old Mill or what I like to call Cracker Barrel on steroids. Every portion was at least doubled and automatically came with fritters. I always avoid anything with the word "fritter". You should too unless you like the idea of a very rapid and painful colon cleanse.
2 comments:
Your post always crack me up! We were thinking about going there so you will have to let me know if it would be worth it with a almost 3 year old. Can't believe how old Cade looks since I saw him last summer!!!
You make me want to be there with you!
Post a Comment