Monday, January 3, 2011

Be Afraid


Bobby and Grant had a little father/son QT the other day supposedly spent running a couple errands. The next thing I know, Grant comes in the door yelling for his brothers with this box tucked under his arm:

No he didn't. Yes. Yes he did. Bobby got the boys a real, live, working bb gun. Did he forget about this kid?? Had he already forgotten that we just watched him nearly shoot his eye out just as his mother had predicted??
Grant has been lugging that gun around like he's in the army infantry or something. He ate dinner and then I noted from under the table came, you guessed it, the bb gun.


Then I heard marching footsteps through the house. It was Grant. With the gun.
And if anything EVER evoked fear in one's heart, it should be this next picture.
Rhett holding a bonafide gun and Cade whacking wood with a rusty ax. I tell you. It doesn't get much scarier than that. I am proud to say that all of our family came out alive with all the danger that loomed. But I must add, if there were ever a time that you were considering praying for our family, now would be the time.
Lord help us. Lord help us all. And our neighbors. Luckily for all in the surrounding area, the bb gun is bb-less. As soon as I get my shipment of eyepatches in I'll let Bobby purchase the metal balls that will surely be the death of an eye.....or an unsuspecting squirrel.

2 comments:

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

The things I have to look forward to huh? Glad you get to go first...LOL!

Lucy said...

Reading this reminds me of the time we ate Pork at Gary's mom's house and I bit into a bullet along with several others! I think the kids, NOT MINE, used the poor pig for target practice before they sent it to the butcher!