Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Coming!

Christmas is right around the corner and I'm SUPER excited about it! I started working the day after Thanksgiving and got most of my decorations up. I have yet to get my ever-growing snow globe collection out. I do truly love it but I don't love all the styrofoamy thingamabobs that encase them in all of their boxes. It's messy. And it feels weird. Something tells me I'll do it tomorrow despite my angst regarding all the foam.

I did get the tree up and it makes me smile.

The thing that makes me smile the most, however is this:
Way back in 2008, a year and some change into our adoption process I was wishing the next year would bring the extra stocking. Much to my disappointment it didn't come by Christmas that year.....oh, but THIS year, THIS one, my mantle is proudly displaying a stocking pink and frilly with a ballerina (even though my girl is going to be a soccer player :) )
This year I'll be most happy to watch Tee-Tiny (who's not so tee-tiny any more!) eat the wrapping paper from her presents and slobber all over her new smocked Christmas dress 'cause, frankly, it doesn't get much better than that!
So, I was lying in the floor snapping some pics of 'Ol Christmas tree admiring the bokeh from my 50mm lens when I noticed something. Do you see me?
Look closely. I'm in that gold ball! After I downloaded them I noticed I could see me in there! I'm glad it's slightly distorted. Me in sweaty work out clothes with greasy hair isn't exactly the image I want saved into infinity in my blog scrapbook.
Although, if you work at Publix then that's the only way you know me. It's a good thing those people are taught to love unashamedly and without prejudice . Greasy and sweaty or not, that old man is pushing my cart and calling me sweetie. Gotta love that! 22 days to go!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

So Happy for you!! I sure miss having kids around for Christmas. It just isn't the same!
I need that man pushing my cart for me!! I have a hard time trying to keep track of Gary's mom as she wonders off. If I had him, I could keep better track of her! I envy you!!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

I am in the same boat on the greasy, sweaty, look. Especially at Publix. Love the new stocking addition!!