My sis came into town this weekend and first on our list was getting some pumpkins for a little carving showdown. We headed to the K-Rogers and picked up their finest along with a carving kit (that, by the way, we got for free thanks to my keen eyesight noting the wrong price on the ring-up. Two points for me!).
We headed home and started the cavity exploration.
My boys, who are normally not afraid of anything whatsoever, were a little creeped out by the pumpkin guts.
We were armed with large spoons and other equipment (and our serious de-gooping faces)....
Some were just put out by the whole idea and could care less.
Finally the actual cutting started. We stepped it up a notch this year and were going for the gold with these carvings. No triangle eyes and notched out teeth on these babies.
Bobby wasn't going down easy though. He brought serious concentration to the table. Just look at that determination:
Cade was having a great time being that he passed the hard part (the actual carving) on to Bobby.
Tracie's headless horseman turned out pretty good!
3 comments:
Did you save the seeds to bake and eat? They're my favorite part now. Just wash them in a strainer to get the gunk off. Cover with salt or salt like product. Spread them out onto cookie / pizza sheets. Finally bake them at 350ish for an amount of time that I cannot remember, but until they dry out.
Noooo. You have it all wrong. Poor Lanie was looking at you that way because she's thinking she has been ripped off with the exersaucer you have her in. I am pretty sure she is pointing out the LACK of toy in that spot. Yeahhhh. The singing/talking/light up part that is still in my living room!!! I can almost hear her saying "piece a junk" from here! I guess I should get that to you...
Wow- I'm very impressed. If I show this to Jon his competitive juices will get flowing and the children will probably lose all say in their pumpkins!
Post a Comment