Grant made his debut as ring bearer in my cousin's wedding this weekend. If I do say so myself, there couldn't have been a cuter ring bearer ever! We traveled to the Big Blue state and Grant was beside himself with excitement. I'm not sure if it was the wedding he was excited about or the night he was going to get to spend in a hotel. Both are pretty big deals when you're six!
What a handsome boy!
I know he was getting tired of pictures. He's not exactly my most willing participant when it comes to posing for photos.
Here's the happy groom's family. I have a special place in my heart for all these folks because we spent so much time together growing up. There were lots of shared peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, atari games, and morning cartoons with these two boys!
I was super excited for my "little" cousin to finally tie the knot. His fiance is a precious, lovely gal and he really needed to solidify that union before she got away:)
Little smooch for his most favorite cousin!
Grant was getting antsy waiting for his big moment. He did a little practicing....
and caught up with Cousin Joe to make sure he was where he was suppose to be.
Ahhhhhh, finally time to go! I could tell he was just a bit nervous but he did a splendid job! He walked nicely, didn't trip and went straight to his standing spot.
Then came the bride. I told you she was lovely!
Grant stood in for some of the ceremony but eventually came back to the pew with me. It was quite long being that it was a full Catholic mass. Kids (especially mine) can't stand still that long!
After all was said and done and Joseph and Jennifer walked out, Grant started to panic. "They didn't get the rings! They didn't get them! They forgot to do the rings!!" I didn't get what he was talking about until I looked down at his little ring bearer's pillow and saw the two tiny silver rings attached by ribbon to the pillow. I tried to explain that those weren't the real rings but then he said, "Well why in the world did I even come to be the ring barrier??" I decided then and there to save the child's heart we'd hunt down the happy couple and give them their rings. We found them, handed them over, and Grant felt like his job was complete.
Off to the reception: My sis and me after about 15 tries to get a picture that she deemed acceptable.
It was also fun to catch up with some of my other cousins at the reception. These gals are full of great memories and laughs when we see each other (which is not often enough!)
Many blessings to Joe and Jen. We had a great time watching you get hitched!
No comments:
Post a Comment