Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Day

Summer has come to an end and the boys are heading to their first days of school. I really think that we have landed great teachers for this year so I'm sending them without reservation. I always drive them on the first day so I can snap the yearly first day pic with their teachers. I'm going to do that as long as their ego's will allow!

Here is Cade. First day of THIRD grade. Geesh. It still blows my mind that I'm only 23 and I have a third grader. Well, the math still works. It COULD happen.


Grant was relieved to meet his teacher the other day. I'm so glad he got a sweet teacher. He really still needs a little "fuzzy lamb" while at school. He thrives on positive reinforcement so I think they are going to be a good fit.
Brotherly love, while fleeting, is always a pleasure to behold :)
Put Tee-Tiny in the mix and you get three very real smiles. The love for this baby girl has not waned in the least!
Here's Grant with his new teacher, Mrs. Casey.
I put Grant in his seat and then started to put all of his supplies away. That's when I looked at the clock and noticed it was already 8:35, the official start time of the school day, and Cade was still standing in Grant's doorway waiting for me to walk him to class. Oopsie.
His fun-spirited teacher, Mrs. Griffen, didn't seem to mind his tardiness on the very first day of school. She probably noticed that my pits were sweating and I was in a little distress after carrying Elaina in her car seat along with 2 very heavy bags of school supplies up the stairs so she cut me some slack.
Cade popped right into his seat and was thankful to see some familiar faces in his class.
I was impressed at how well behaved Rhett was this whole drop off time. I gave him the very important job of watching Elaina so that no one stole her while I was putting away school supplies. We still have her so he must've done a swell job. I found out what was occupying him once I downloaded my handy pocket cam pictures and came across these two photos and approximately 52 more that were quite similar:

Whatever it takes. He was concerned that he was not going to have any fun the rest of the day since his bros were not home so I had to pull out his favorite game
We had a great time playing a few games of "Sorry" and I only had to point out his cheating a handful of times.
He was proud that all his blue guys got home before all of my green guys. Win numbers one and two: Little Buddy.
Here we are. About to be in full swing of school mode. Homework. Reading. Spelling. Volunteering. Wishing for summer break. I'm hoping I'm still needed as a classroom volunteer this year. It would be a shame to let my skillz go to waste. My masters degree in Kindergarten cutting works equally as well in first and third grade, you know.

No comments: