Well, we're down to the last day of summer vacation. We've watched enough Phineas and Ferb episodes to last a lifetime, swam like fishies even though the pool has been like hot bath water for the last month, and I've said, "We're going to start our summer reading tomorrow!" for the last time..... and finally meant it. Oops. Summer just slid by without me really realizing it. One less point for me for mom of the year.
In honor of the last dinner of summer break, I let the boys choose the ONE place they'd like to eat dinner. I thought for sure it would be Pie in the Sky Pizza or Logan's or something but no. I knew it was going down hill when Cade said, "What's that place daddy took us to? You know, with all the food that you don't have to wait on?" Grant's face lit up. Rhett did the running man in the kitchen he was so filled with joy. I snarled my lip and then took one for the team with my handy dandy pocket camera in tow.
Thirty minutes later we were pulling in here: Yea. Rah. Hear my excitement.
I can give all thanks to Bobby for introducing the boys to the greatness (actually the lack thereof) of the american buffet. I was gone one night a couple weeks ago and he thought this would be a good idea for dinner.
I must give the boys' their props. All three of them headed to the salad bar and made a big 'ol salad and then proceeded to clean their plates. Here's to school starting tomorrow. And in the words of a true philosopher I know, "Tomorrow will hold a mix of emotions......sadness and gladness. Glad that it's the first day of school, but sad that the first day didn't come sooner." Hehehe.
3 comments:
OH NO YOU DIDUNT! You just gained like 50 points in my mom book! Let's just say the last two times I graced one of those "buffetts" the food I hadn't even put on my plate yet came right back up just by the the thought of eating it! YIKES!
The Trough...that's what I like to call it. Blek.
~H
Okay, when I was little I LOVED this place! I used to beg my mom to take me there after bball games. There and the waffle house! UGH!
Post a Comment