Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Expectant

This post is late in coming.....but such is my life lately. I feel like I've been two steps behind in everything that I plan to do. I've sent my son to a birthday party with NO gift, forgotten to pay my mother's day out tuition (although that's no shocker being that my mind still doesn't register the due date without the handy "pay now" sign taped to the door), left wet clothes in the washing machine for days and then wondered why I had no clean underwear..... My mind. It's been on hiatus.

Anyhoo, January brought some changes here at the Morgan Casa. In the midst of a truly wonderful bible study, God sent me a strong conviction about my attitude regarding our adoption. His question to me: Why do you doubt? Why are you living with no hope? That's when I made a decision: I am going to live expectantly! I'm going to fully expect that God is going to finish out the work that He's started in this family. 

As of February 6th, expectant living looks like this:

Yeah, yeah. Not the picture you were thinking of I'm sure. That my friends is a picture of two brothers now sharing a room. I gave Cade the option of choosing: room to yourself, or share with a brother. He picked share. Then he picked Grant.
The consensus was that Little Rhetters does too much talking. It's the truth. Cade and Grant were overjoyed to move into their new quarters as bunk mates!  

After I shot down the Star Wars bedding, both settled on having a sports themed room. That worked out well being that the local Tarjay had several accessories that went well with the decor.
I must say that my request for this post was just ONE normal looking picture. Now that you've perused all of the shots taken you can see that "normal" just really isn't in this family's vocabulary. That's okay. Most of the time normal just really isn't much fun!

Stay tuned for Little Buddy's room.......and more of this story!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE this story... and MERCY ME your kids can get some air (if I remember correctly they get that from their momma... right?)

KellyRose said...

Looks like your boys got your vertical jump!

Becky said...

Love the pics of the boys in the air...you are quick with the camera!

Wife of the Pres. said...

OK, the rooms are cute, and so are the children … but I want to hear MORE of the story!!!

BTW, we have been doing the room swap stuff. We still don't know for sure where Joel will end up, but the plan is for he and Jonah to share. Jonah and Jackson had been sharing, but we moved them apart b/c we thought we would have two big boys and two little boys … anyway, room sharing is fun as are bunk beds. We have the twin over full deal too.

OK, DO TELL some MORE OF THE STORY!!!

Mommy said...

That last picture makes me laugh. Their room is so awesome! Can't wait to see the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)