Bobby had a business meeting on Thursday so technically this qualified as a "business trip" so lucky for us we shacked up in the ever so inviting Four Seasons Hotel and as luck would have it we were upgraded to a suite. And let me tell you, it's even sweeeter when the suite is on someone else's tab.

This was the view from our window. One big one in the room with the bed and one huge window in the sitting room. We were on the 43rd floor so all of the cars below looked like Matchbox. It was incredible at night too.
We were lucky to have some friends come along for the fun. A'lyce made my shopping more enjoyable and we loved having friends to converse with over dinner.
Speaking of dinner, I had salmon TWO nights while we were there. I don't even like salmon.....usually. I'm more of a white flaky fish kind of gal. More specifically I prefer a white flaky fish that tastes like chicken. Just keepin' it real. However, the salmon was delish. I'm assuming that I probably wouldn't have liked it if it had come from Captain D's or something but somehow if you're in a nice restaurant you really can't go wrong.
A sad thing in any city is walking past numerous homeless people. What is more sad is that one homeless man, in an attempt to get these fellows to give him money called out "Hey! Hey Tony Soprano!! Hey Kirk Douglas! How 'bout some change, man!" Then he added, "And ladies, I ain't forgetting ya'll either. Ya'll are like supermodels!"
Supermodels? Maybe A'lyce but not me for sure. Worse off, have you seen Kirk Douglas?? Let me refresh you:
We were lucky to have some friends come along for the fun. A'lyce made my shopping more enjoyable and we loved having friends to converse with over dinner.
Speaking of dinner, I had salmon TWO nights while we were there. I don't even like salmon.....usually. I'm more of a white flaky fish kind of gal. More specifically I prefer a white flaky fish that tastes like chicken. Just keepin' it real. However, the salmon was delish. I'm assuming that I probably wouldn't have liked it if it had come from Captain D's or something but somehow if you're in a nice restaurant you really can't go wrong.
A sad thing in any city is walking past numerous homeless people. What is more sad is that one homeless man, in an attempt to get these fellows to give him money called out "Hey! Hey Tony Soprano!! Hey Kirk Douglas! How 'bout some change, man!" Then he added, "And ladies, I ain't forgetting ya'll either. Ya'll are like supermodels!"
Supermodels? Maybe A'lyce but not me for sure. Worse off, have you seen Kirk Douglas?? Let me refresh you:
And Tony Soprano?? Better than Kirk for sure but still not quite a compliment:
Needless to say, after suggesting that Bobby appeared to have one foot in the coffin and Jason was perhaps overweight and balding the poor man didn't get any moola. I personally would've given him ten bucks for suggesting that I was supermodel material but unfortunately I didn't have my purse.
Some other things I didn't bring with me were my common sense nor my spectacular comfy shoes. Wait. I really don't think both can coexist. You really can't be wearing spectacular shoes if you're all comfy. Anyway, after walking block upon block in the city the first night in some stiletto pumps, I quickly decided that I would prefer that someone chop my feet off and just let me walk on my bloody nubs. It really couldn't have been any worse. As with child birth though, I forgot the excruciating pain and wore a pair of wedges the next night. Hello blisters on parts of the foot I was unaware that I had.
Needless to say, in an attempt to salvage my feet we ended up taking cabs the rest of the night and there will be no mention of how I used napkins from the movie theater to bandage my wounds.
Needless to say, after suggesting that Bobby appeared to have one foot in the coffin and Jason was perhaps overweight and balding the poor man didn't get any moola. I personally would've given him ten bucks for suggesting that I was supermodel material but unfortunately I didn't have my purse.
Some other things I didn't bring with me were my common sense nor my spectacular comfy shoes. Wait. I really don't think both can coexist. You really can't be wearing spectacular shoes if you're all comfy. Anyway, after walking block upon block in the city the first night in some stiletto pumps, I quickly decided that I would prefer that someone chop my feet off and just let me walk on my bloody nubs. It really couldn't have been any worse. As with child birth though, I forgot the excruciating pain and wore a pair of wedges the next night. Hello blisters on parts of the foot I was unaware that I had.
Needless to say, in an attempt to salvage my feet we ended up taking cabs the rest of the night and there will be no mention of how I used napkins from the movie theater to bandage my wounds.It was a great trip with great friends to one of my favorite shopping destinations. I am now going to save a quarter a day so that I can go back to Chicago and make my dream of owning a pair of Jimmy Choo designer shoes come true. These in particular are fabulous:
At a quarter a day I can go ahead and clear my calender for summer of 2022. I'm pretty sure it's wide open that year.

At a quarter a day I can go ahead and clear my calender for summer of 2022. I'm pretty sure it's wide open that year.
4 comments:
First off, WHHHYYYYY would you wear stiletto pumps and wedges to walk the streets of Chicago? All for the name of fashion?
Second, tell me you do not REALLY like those shoes? If I wore those I would be in the ER in about 2 minutes. YIKES! In 2022 you are going to need loafers and shoe inserts from all that gross motor activity you do at the gym. That's why I don't go the gym--my feet do not like it there.
Third, I love that the Bobster is hailing a cab like he's been doing it all his life. Cracked me up. You two are sooo stinkin' cute! Glad you had a great trip!
love the shoes... looks like you had a blast. kudos to Kirk and Tony.
Okay, you are hilarious! I love the play by play of your adventures in Chicago. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Miss you girl!
Girl! Glad you had fun, and you have great taste in shoes, might I add :)
Post a Comment