Monday, July 13, 2009

Merry Monday

Thanks to some Sunday afternoon pukage by Rhett our normal Monday routine was halted and surprisingly it didn't turn out too bad! Rhett woke this morning back to his normal self, appetite and all and by 8:30 was asking to go outside. So outside we went. I pulled out some sidewalk chalk, googled "Hopscotch" and 10 minutes later we were old schoolin' it.

Because Legos are never far from their mind, the boys chose Lego men to be their markers. You had to toss the marker into the right block....



and then take off hopping!

Grant was putting some serious concentration into his jumping.



Cade was perfecting his balance to be able to pick up his marker on the hop back. It turns out that even in hopscotch there is some fierce competition......




and unfortunately a sore loser........boooo.






We had had all we could take of the hopping so it was off to ride bikes. I broke the rules today and let the boys ride in the street since pretty much everyone was at work and the traffic was minimal. They rode bikes today for nearly 10 hours. I'm not even joking. 






It brought a smile to everyone's face!






Grant did alot of talking into his elbow while calling his brothers things like "Commander Rex" and of course there was alot of racing to escape droids and what not.





Cade used this opportunity to perfect his bike riding skills. It has taken him forever but FINALLY the training wheels have come off of his green Racer X. He did at least 800 loops from one neighbor's driveway to the next and thankfully had no serious wrecks. I'm definitely going to have to buy new crocs when this season is over because he generally chooses to forgo the bike's manufactured brakes and uses his own toe brakes. 













Rhett thinks it's the greatest thing ever to be able to ride his tricycle and keep up with the bros. He seemed to have made a full recovery by this afternoon and showed no signs of slowing down. In fact, he pedaled and used his outside voice to scream things like "I don't need yo hanitizaaaa!!!" (hanitiza is a Little Buddy language compound word for hand sanitizer....and when you read that line you must use your most country hick voice along with country song tune). He also brought out a new, inappropriate phrase: "butt wings" as in, "Ima goin' so fast I must have on some butt wiiiiinngs!!" I have no idea what butt wings are nor where he came up with such foul language.  We're not allowed to say the double T version of that word here. 








In any case, it was a fun filled day. Thank you clouds for hanging around so the day wasn't miserably hot and thank you projectile vomit for not rearing your ugly head again! 









2 comments:

Angel said...

I swear your blogs crack me up! I can always stop by here when I need a good chuckle!!

Jessica said...

Well, I see that the blog hasn't been updated since round two hit your house. Love the playful Monday. My crew was similar in that they seemed to bounce back pretty quickly...until Wednesday morning when Braden started all over again! :-(

Love Rhett's language (hand sanitizer) - that is great!