Thursday, July 30, 2009

Did You Know You Could Bedazzle That??

We have a new nail establishment in the area......and thank goodness. I thought it was just a disgrace that we didn't have at least 10 to choose from that were less than .01 miles from our house. So, I decided to take them up on their advertisement of a spa pedicure for $19.99.

Of course when I get there I'm promptly placed in the standard massage chair with my feet submerged in warm, bubbly water. My first mistake was pressing the button with the little bootie picture. I'm not sure what kind of place they're running over there but my eyes when all silver dollar size and I let out a "whoooop".....I was violated. Moving on to my second mistake: Not knowing Chinesglish.

The conversation (or lack thereof) went similar to this:

Lady: "Whowaseeesiiiinne?"
Me:  "I'm sorry....what did you say?"

Lady: "Whowasseesiinne?"
Me (leaning forward):  "Ummm. So sorry. What?"

Lady: "WHO.WASS.SEEE.SIIIINNNEEEE???"
Me: "Uhhh. Design??? Uh....sure?"

So next thing I know she's bringing out all this colored toe paint and containers of things. About ten minutes later I've got a Georgia O'Keefe on my big toes.



I was telling a friend this story later that night and she politely responded, "Well, at least she didn't put rhinestones on your toes." Ummm, well.....yeah, she totally did. Take a gander at the center of that little flower:


She bedazzled me. And just for the record, when she brought me my ticket she said, "Fo you.... twenty fiiiiii dolla." I got hoodooeyed out of my $19.99 spa pedicure but came out with a wearable work of art. Watch out tweeners.....I'm all over it.




5 comments:

Becky said...

you are so funny! i was tempted by that advertisement the other day while driving to Target but will brush up on my chinesglish before i go!

Shawn said...

I was trying to retell this story to Checkers and Big Nanny...Checkers says in response to my Chinesglish, "Sooo, the nail tech was deaf?"

~H

Our Family said...

I actually noticed the nails tonight in Sunday School. I thought they looked great. And I still can't figure out what that lady was saying.

Mommy said...

I haven't posted on this entry because I really do not like feet. That's why I was a PEDIATRIC nurse. Little people feet are cute. Big people....well not so much. Nice flower though.

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Hahah, that's funny! You have nice toes by the way :)