Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's Tough To Be A Bug

I really felt like it was a set up. The doorbell rang and, of course, it was one of at least 5 companies that will try to sell us a bug contract this month even though we're already debugged at the Morgan Casa. Or so I thought. I let Bobby take the door call and I went out to the garage to get something. There was the biggest bug ever with pinchers and the whole nine yards lying on it's back kicking it's grotesque little legs. I feel quite certain that the guy talking to Bobby had planted the bug there so he could swoop in and rescue our family from some type of bug takeover. Anywho, I called the boys out because I knew they'd love it.


They kicked it outside and began to play with.....errr, torture it. If it weren't so creepy I'd just buy them bugs to play with. This particular one provided a good 30 minutes of uninterrupted play time. Cade got some bug tweezers and attempted to pick him up. It proved to be a tough task because those twiggy little legs were tacky and kept sticking to the driveway.

Aaaahhhh. Finally.

They put it in Rhett's bug catcher. Everyone was thoroughly impressed. This is where it gets interesting.........

Enter Bobby and his "hey boys! Let's blow him up!" comment. I was all, "Bobby! Is that appropriate?? I mean," whispering, "next you know it's cats and we've set them straight on a path to Jeffrey Dahmer. "
Against my better judgement he lit a little firecracker with said bug sitting sweetly on top.





Boys watching intently as Bobby, quote, "gives Mr. Bug a ride on the dynamite express"!






Here he goes!



BOOM!





I'll be the first to admit.......I was laughing. Really laughing hard. That nasty beetle bug probably flew 20 feet in the air. It was a sight to see. I guess this is just one more day in the life of a home filled with too much testosterone. Please pray tonight that we have not created a UniBomber or some type of future arsonist. Let it be noted here in writing that I, the good wife and mother, voiced concern over this "boys will be boys" action......but don't note that I laughed. That could be used against me later.






5 comments:

Shawn said...

Bug violence at its finest.

Tonya Lee said...

Wow, I'm not sure I would have shared that on the WWW, especially since it could later be used as evidence in a court of law...

CEU said...

They'd probably have lots of contracts if more exterminators did business that way!

Pamela Johnson said...

creepy, nasty, bugs...

but funny!

Courtney said...

don't tell my boys about this. they haven't ventured down this path yet! (though- i know my time is coming.)