Thursday, June 25, 2009

Coach Pitch... Check.

Cade recently completely his first season of "real" baseball. He played in the coach pitch league this year and let me tell you, it was a step up from the unorganized chaos of t-ball. His position was left field but if my memory serves me correctly he never actually caught a fly ball. That's okay. We were good at running the ball down and throwing it in :)He did get (usually) at least one hit a game. He looks pretty relaxed with the whole arms crossed thing going on in this pic. Makes you think that it's old hat to be standing on second base. Bobby was one of his coaches this year. I think he would describe the experience as slightly rewarding and mostly incredibly frustrating :) The ol' Captain D's Rays pulled out only one win this year and it was pretty brutal. You know things aren't looking good when your playing teams with matching bat bags and pullovers.......in 7/8 year old baseball. Seriously? Give me a break.He did, for the first time, get to sit in a real, true dugout. And that was all kinds of cool. Don't be judging his Kareem Abdul Jabaar sports glasses either. My heart can't take it. The kid needs some extra eyes. What can I say?


Once again we teamed up with our buddy. These two made a pretty good match for each other on the baseball field. I think the best quote from my Cade was: "I hope next year we get to keep all of our good players....and me and Cade Ashman." Ha. Both of them showed considerable improvement from the beginning of the season. I was proud of how hard they worked. The highlight of the season was our impromptu team trophy handout and cupcake eating. Nothing like stuffing your face with a cupcake right before closing ceremonies.
Add one more trophy to the collection of sports memorobilia because coach pitch is over. We've been there. Done that. Check it off the list for 2009. We'll be back for some more next spring. In the meantime we're going to be playing a little pitch out in the back yard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had to wear those sports glasses all the way through college. As a soccer goalie they were actually quite invaluable.

-Chris