Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Service With a Smile

Grant has never really been the eager to help kind of child. He likes the sound of helping out but doesn't actually like the work that accompanies it. Lately, however, he's turned over a new leaf. I've found something that he enjoys doing AND it's a big help. It's raking. The kid loves it. Who knew a $7.99 plastic fan rake could bring so much enjoyment to all of us?? Cade usually helps out as well but today it was a solo job. Grant bagged all the grass on his own and he did it with a smile. He did ask afterward when he was going to get paid some money for being so good. I guess his heart wasn't as pure as I thought :) And yes, he IS raking with a pistol on his belt. With all the creepy critters we've had around these parts lately one can never be too sure of when you may need to put a cap in something. We always keep personal safety a priority, even in the smallest of household chores.
Ahhh, all in a day's work..... seven days of rest from yard work if we're lucky!




1 comment:

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

That's great. Good to know he's packing heat. I won't mess with him too much at our family get-togethers!!