Here I am with my dear husband.
I tried to get some good shots of the boys but this is the best I got. They are as cute as ever but the lighting was horrible for good pictures and my time was limited so it is what it is. Walking into church Cade said, "Mom, why'd you dress me in shorts today?? It's freezing!" I had to teach him the hard life lesson of how cute clothes, clothes for specific occasions, and clothes that coordinate in color with your father and brothers pay no attention to comfortability nor temperature. It's a fact of life and you have to learn it some day.
After church the cousins came over for lunch/egg hunting. It was a motley crew for sure.
Rhett put on his game face and went to town searching for eggs.
His basket had a good showing. Unfortunately several of them fell out as he was running.
Grant was an avid hunter as well. His basket wasn't hurting for eggs either.
He found what he was looking for: chocolate. I like to think of him saying, " Dear God in Heaven, hallowed be your name. Praise you today for your resurrection and this bunny shaped piece of milky chocolate goodness. Amen." hehe.
I didn't get any pics of Cade hunting other than his backside bent over. He was like a K-9 looking for drugs in a hooptie car......sniffing out all the money eggs. He would pick up an egg and shake it. He was mildly happy if it rattled like change but would throw out a "yesssss" if the egg made no sound......confirmation that it contained paper money. He found the "golden egg" that contained the five dollar bill. Total winnings for the hunt: $15! (Bobby's mom had been saving her change for forever to stuff the eggs with.)
We had a great time playing and spending time with our family. Hope everyone else had a great Easter holiday as well!

He found what he was looking for: chocolate. I like to think of him saying, " Dear God in Heaven, hallowed be your name. Praise you today for your resurrection and this bunny shaped piece of milky chocolate goodness. Amen." hehe.
I didn't get any pics of Cade hunting other than his backside bent over. He was like a K-9 looking for drugs in a hooptie car......sniffing out all the money eggs. He would pick up an egg and shake it. He was mildly happy if it rattled like change but would throw out a "yesssss" if the egg made no sound......confirmation that it contained paper money. He found the "golden egg" that contained the five dollar bill. Total winnings for the hunt: $15! (Bobby's mom had been saving her change for forever to stuff the eggs with.)
We had a great time playing and spending time with our family. Hope everyone else had a great Easter holiday as well!
1 comment:
Yes, I did Easter baskets. But I did cheat and dumped some of the candy they got at their egg hunts into the baskets. My kids are still in the "cheap" phase of life :)
Post a Comment