To a big, bad FIVE year old! Today marks his official birthday (or birssday if you're speaking Grant language) and he was able to don the birthday crown that somehow has become tradition since I crafted one for Rhett on a whim on his bday back in October.
He blew out candles that were in his birthday pancakes this morning.
His brothers were pumped about the birthday too because they knew they were getting some pancakes. It's really no secret but I'm not really the best breakfast cooker so it's a real treat when I actually make any type of breakfast item!
Aunt Tracie surprised Grant by showing up today with a Star Wars balloon bunch in tow. He thought it was "so awesome"!

Then Gramma and Granpa popped in with a little Indiana Jones attire and just made Grant's day. He's been asking for this whip for forever. I'm just glad I don't have to hear, "well, Carter has one at his house....." anymore!!

One of the major highlights was the card that my parents gave him. When you open it it plays the Star Wars theme song. I was really glad that they got him that. I just can't get enough of that song, you know? I mean, I never really get to hear it and this way Grant can just carry it with him wherever he goes......like in the car, to his bed at night, outside the door when I'm trying to go to the bathroom in peace and quiet..... lots of places. It'll be great......

His party isn't actually until the weekend. Tonight he gets to pick wherever he wants to go for dinner. I have a feeling I'm going to be eating Cracker Barrell. I know some of you readers must love that place but for me, all I can do is pray about it. Maybe some divine intervention can change his mind.
2 comments:
Five years already?? Awwww! Happy birthday little man! We love you and thanks for another year of blogworthy entertainment!
Grant--You've been keeping your Mommy on her toes since before you were actually born. Keep up the good work. Maybe next year you'll be lucky enough for your Mom to cook up some bacon to go with those birthday pancakes. Ask your Dad how that worked out for him. :-) Happy Birthday little man!
Post a Comment