This is the art work that I pulled from Grant's folder this week. He dictated to his teacher that it was a picture of him flying to El Salvador to pick up his baby sister (which she wrote at the top). He told me the same thing when I asked him to tell me about his drawing. I noticed some other things about the picture that I was curious about. Such as the three red crosses on the left hand side. I thought, "Hmmmm. Jesus and the two thieves? shoulder shrug. Maybe symbolism of God's hand in our adoption?"..........Uhh. No. According to the original artist, that would be "three battle droids attempting to shoot down the plane". Didn't I see all the droid bullets showering through the air? Yeah. Didn't catch that. Even the sweet moments somehow get tangled up with Star Wars make believe. He didn't elaborate on the person with big hair and a blue stick body drowning in the gray abyss. I didn't ask. Some things are better left to my own interpretation.In case you're wondering, we haven't received any new news on the adoption front. We have reason to believe that good news is on the horizon but waiting has been the central theme in this adoption so we'll just keep on keepin' on! We'll keep you posted.
6 comments:
That kid cracks me up. Who knew? droid bullets?
Well, it is still sweet even with the Star Wars action!
I was all "aww, sweet Grant" then I kept reading and still thought "aww, sweet Grant"
Great, just great! That is a classic entry!
Sonja...I got your blog from Becky's and love reading your highly entertaining posts! They always make me smile or laugh. You are a wonderful writer. I can't wait to hear good news for you on the adoption front.
I love reading your posts. This one had me laughing so much. The battle droids in the picture and so matter-of-fact by Grant= priceless. Thanks for sharing, Amy Castro
Post a Comment