Me: "Cade, if you could have just ONE thing for Christmas, you're most favorite thing, what would you ask for?"Cade: "Well, since I KNOW that Santa is bringing me the Star Wars Millennium Falcon,
I just figured you could get me the Republic Gunship."
Me: "Do you have any idea how much that Millennium Falcon costs?" (try one hundred fifty dollars)
Cade: Insert shoulder shrug " No. What does Santa care? He just has to build it."
I had no comment after that. Seriously, I know all of you non-Santa-ers are saying "I told you so" right now but truth be known, I really like the Santa charade. It brings me joy. And them joy. And I loved it as a child and have no deep scars from finding out it was a hoax. In fact, I think Annie Brickler told me about it in the bathroom at church one morning...........well, it was that or the truth about where babies come from. Either way I don't remember crying about it or anything I just remember wondering how Annie knew so much stuff.
So, Santa has a tough road to go in this economy. I think Bobby is going to look into delivering pizzas so we can get the boy the Falcon. The 30 minutes of pure elation that it brings him will be all the reward we'll need.
4 comments:
Amen sister! So true!
Get him a model of the Falcon so he can put it together himself.
Santa still comes to the Hewgley house! I guess now that grandbabies will be in the picture there will be less in our corners. So fun to be that age!
Do they make it in the Transformer series? Little J loves those things and they are $30 or less. Just a thought. "What does Santa know anyway?" If C does not specify the $150 type, it could work. We basically told ours that Santa was on a budget this year. Little J has already asked us if he was real. So sad. I love the Santa thing too. Big J however believes totally.
I feel for ya b/c we too have the $100 plus L*go items on Big J's list. Basically that is all he put on it. Not going to happen b/c he already has 10 million L*go pieces. But Little J decided he wanted the Transformer variety instead so that is why I thought it might work for your guy! Much luck!
L
Post a Comment