Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Look What the Attic Drug In

My mom, who is a saver of all things good and bad, made a trip into her attic a while back. She took all the things that she has collected from my 30 years of life and gave them to me in a rubbermaid container. It was full of first grade writing samples, spelling tests, elementary school report cards. A great find: a diary from my tortuous elementary school love life (another story for another day if you're lucky). There was a lot of fun memrobilia to peruse. Then I came across these:





I thought to myself, "Well, how unfortunate that she has placed these incredibly huge glasses in a baggie along with all of these other semi-normal ones I wore in elementary school. These must have been my grandma's or from Goodwill or something. Surely. Surely to goodness." Then, wouldn't you know? I found this:


AAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!!!! I totally DID wear them!
For TWO years worth of school pictures! I just can't imagine the eyeglass woman looking at my mother with a straight face and telling her these were a good fit. Where was my sister when this was going on?? Did she not know the proper face to eyeglass ratio either?? Maybe she tried and I ignored her advice just like the time she tried to tell me I was using the curling iron upside down and that's why I was ending up with a crink instead of a nice curl under (which, if you look closely enough can be noted in the second picture). In any case, I'm thankful Bobby has already taken an oath to love me forever. I'm afraid that if these pictures had surfaced 9 years ago he may have thought twice.

The good news is, however, my glasses are on the comeback. Just ask Nicole Richie.

8 comments:

The Mullen Fam said...

That made me laugh!!! It's scary (and quite embarrassing) to run across things like that! Ha ha!

COTTON MOMMA said...

Funny when I saw the 1st picture I was thinking isn't that the style now for sunglasses and sure enough you realized that too, ha!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Very amusing, almost as good as the mullet I had in fourth and fifth....and sixth grade! Just get the lenses tinted dark and you'll be right in style ;)

Shawn said...

Awesome.
~H

Parkerson Family said...

Hey, Paul wanted me to tell you that you have way too much time on your hands to look for pictures of Nicole Richie on the Internet. While I find this hilarious.

Pamela Johnson said...

I think that is the most I have laughed this month. I bet I just burned several hundred calories. thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Hey sista! Saw your comment on Darci's website! you look great and congrats about the football team size of a fam!
-Jilayne

Mommy said...

Thanks for the laugh...