KJ and TJ joined us for the festivities this go around. It was a blast to have another couple to scream with.
Taylor Swift opened up the night and I was really impressed with her. Her voice was great and she rocked the stage more than I expected from an 18 or 19 year old.
She flung that hair around like nobody's business. The mother in me was a bit concerned for her neck health but after a concert full of filps and flings she still seemed to have no trouble rotating. I practiced it a little when I got home. I immediately threw my back out and I'm still wearing a neck brace. You can't do the same things at 30 that you did at 18 :)
She let us know that she wrote every song on her first album that went triple platinum. How awesome it that? Talk about talent. She also warned that if you ever break her heart or mess with her friends that you'll definately get a song written about you and it'll be on country radio. Too funny.
Then the big show: Rascal Flatts. They were lowered from the ceiling on a big metal stage out of a big explosion. A seriously big explosion that almost caused me to fall to the ground in fear of Al Queda. Not joking. I was so relieved to see them coming out of the ceiling and not a bearded man in a turben.
KJ and TJ were pumped!!! Ha. I told them to give me their concert faces for this pic. Don't worry. They'll still be able to teach your Sunday School class. Besides, this was a charity event. ALL the proceeds ($700,000) went to the Children's Hospital in our area. Rascal Flatts has given over 3 million dollars to VCH in the past 4 years. How can you not get excited about that??
Here's a little bit of Gary, the lead singer.
and Jay.
And some sweet guitar playing from Joe Don. I'm a little sad his name is Joe Don. I find that a little odd. Whatever. Bobby said he's married to a former playboy bunny. I guess the name hasn't caused him too many problems in life. Go Joe Don.


Then the big show: Rascal Flatts. They were lowered from the ceiling on a big metal stage out of a big explosion. A seriously big explosion that almost caused me to fall to the ground in fear of Al Queda. Not joking. I was so relieved to see them coming out of the ceiling and not a bearded man in a turben.
KJ and TJ were pumped!!! Ha. I told them to give me their concert faces for this pic. Don't worry. They'll still be able to teach your Sunday School class. Besides, this was a charity event. ALL the proceeds ($700,000) went to the Children's Hospital in our area. Rascal Flatts has given over 3 million dollars to VCH in the past 4 years. How can you not get excited about that??
Here's a little bit of Gary, the lead singer.

and Jay.
And some sweet guitar playing from Joe Don. I'm a little sad his name is Joe Don. I find that a little odd. Whatever. Bobby said he's married to a former playboy bunny. I guess the name hasn't caused him too many problems in life. Go Joe Don.
And because I put my friend's concert pic online I felt it only fair that I do the same. Here's me, rockin' it at the concert. I surprised my self with how many songs I knew and I belted out quite a few. Concerts are the one place you can catch me singing. The main reason being that it is so incredibly loud that there is no chance anyone's ears are going to pick up on the fact that I'm absolutely horrible. Seriously. Just ask my close friends. They'll tell you.
I love me some concerts. Always a great date night. Next up? Who knows. With this economy this could have been my last hoorah!
I love me some concerts. Always a great date night. Next up? Who knows. With this economy this could have been my last hoorah!
7 comments:
We had a blast! Just like we thought, the guy beside me taking the group shot was not a photographer. Thanks for including your crazy concert face as well. I really need to get a Taylor Swift CD. I like her attitude. Glad we started early so we could squeeze in a little ice cream. Had fun! Thanks, Bobby...hold on to that check. ;)
Love,
TJ
Okay you two are some serious concert "goers". Since I am one of your blog stalkers I believe that is like the 3rd or 4th post of a concert that you two have been to! What's sad is that Andrew and I have never been to a concert together and we don't even have kids yet. Next on my list!
Seriously funny. I think I would enjoy concerts with you guys. You should see my concert face!!
Love it!
That's some serious photo op with KJ/TJ. Might have to swipe it for the FUEL blog.
You should feel very honored! Not only do you have a picture posted of TJ on your blog but a comment from her too! WOW! You go girl!
You are SO busted! Don't sing huh? You are definately teaching preschool choir next week! It's allright with me if it's Rascal Flats songs just throw in the line "No Room in the Inn" here and there and it's all good!
ok friend- i am so out of the loop! these guys are a fav of mine and somehow i missed the memo on a concert! geez!
looks like ya'll were practically on stage with them. jealous!
i'm not sure how, but it seems to me that ya'll somehow score (way too often) great concert seats!
what a blast!
oh, and love the glasses (i too had a pair but they were burgundy!)
and...what a fun party idea- going out on the town in costume! another blast i'm sure!
have a great week-
courtney:)
Post a Comment